Thursday, July 09, 2009

Chubby Fiefdom

Once upon a time in the mystical land of New Jersey, there were four fair knitter women who liked to hang out with each other.

The four fair women were all very busy chasing after their kids, nephews, or doggies and it took quite a bit to get them all together on any given weekend to hang out and enjoy each others' company.

But luckily, one day a few months ago the stars aligned and there was a kick ass yarn sale at a yarn store whose name escapes me (it's at the tips of my fingers--but I just can't remember!) and the four fair knitter women cleaned up in the yarn department.

I scored a bag of Mirasol Tupa yarn at a really good deal.

I perused the book Custom Knits, and cast on Skinny Empire.

100_7315

I got to looking at the finished Skinny Empires on The Place That Shall Not Be Named and oddly enough, most of the Skinny Empires on there are being worn by skinny chicks.

Therefore, I am dubbing my version of this sweater Chubby Fiefdom since I'm am not skinny nor do I have an empire*.

I am chubby and I do sometimes like to pretend that these three and a half men (Springs the neutered cat being the half) make up my mini-feudal estate.

What else could a fair knitter from New Jersey want?

*I probably won't knit the empire waist. I'm still up in the air about it.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger janna said...

I guess since your is a fiefdom and not an empire, it's okay if you leave off the empire waistline (although I do think it's pretty cute).

9:05 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

It's your fiefdom, do whatever waist ya want! after all, who's gonna overrule you?

9:12 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

aren't empire waists supposed to be flattering to all? whatevs.

I just went there and browsed the skinny nymphs modelling the item in question. duh, they're all skinny...look who the designer is. LOL

9:15 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Now I wanna knit one and call it Average World Domination.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I love that name! But judging from your photos, you are nowhere near chubby (especially not compared to me)!

I love empire waist tops. They're one of my personal favorites.

10:47 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

The empire waist is the eternal friend of the Chubby.

Not that you are remotely chubby. But whatever...

7:57 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh, the yarn looks all shiny and i like the color. i thought about making that pattern but i don't have appropriate yarn. or time.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I had to go look at the pattern just because I've never heard of this one before.

Nice choice in color.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I love Custom Knits. I've read that lots of women complain that Wendy designs for skinny women but she said all the designs are adaptable. And I like how she shows you how to adapt them.

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the shiny-ness of that yarn. As for empire waists?! Yeah....I have been pg six times and don't want to look that way forever!! Love, Mom

11:26 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I bet the empire waist would look very nice on you.

I love the color!

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home