Thursday, July 23, 2009

I Read The News Today...

..Oh Boy

indeed!

It's a proud day to be from New Jersey. And I although I can't really talk about it here--let's just say I am truly a New Jerseyian* today.

I saw the photograph.

I do have a few pictures to share!!!

Remember the cute sunhat I made for Moochie a few months ago?

Well the boys like to go for walks in the afternoon, and well, somewhere along the walk, Moochie tossed the hat out of the stroller. Dr. Mad Scientist and Chunky realized it was missing during the walk--and retraced their steps. But they couldn't find it. Which is really weird considering they were out probably a total of 45 minutes. Who could have picked it up in that time?

This ranks up there with the mystery of what happened to my Shark Bait t-shirt that my Youngest Younger Sister lost somehow when I was like in 4th/5th grade and when my sister T. decided to pitch my umbrella from the back of the wagon on a walk when she was like 3 years old (but I'm not bitter).

Anyway, last night I made a new hat for my fair little Moochito.

100_7371

Plain white on the outside.

100_7373
Thank you to Pongo The Panda for modeling while Moochie slept.

And Michael Miller "Zoology" on the inside!

I think I like it better than the old hat!

I normally don't sew on weeknights--but this weekend is special. We're taking our annual pilgrimage to the Jersey Shore.

I have stocked up on the SPF 50 and even bought Moochie a little baby beach cabana to keep him out of the sun.

100_7347

I can't wait!!!

*Although is that the right word? New Jersinian? New Jerseyite? New Jerseyino? Spell check wants me to change the word to Josefina. Ha!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I love the sunhat! That lining material is faboo.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awesome hat!! I love those neat baby cabana's!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Man, I just heard the enws and its just crazy! All those mayors and politicians. Crazy crazy!

The sunhat looks great. Yay for the shore. I hope you guys have awesome weather.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very cute hat! One of my older sisters (who has jet black hair and a complexion like our Italian dad) has three very pale kids, two red haired girls, and a blonde boy, and they burn after more than about 10 minutes outside in the summer. She always has sunblock with her.

Have fun at the shore!

And my lovely county (Cuyahoga) is currently embroiled in a mammoth corruption investigation by the FBI (one moron agreed to pay a politician $15,000 in cash to get a $65,000 a year government job), so you New Jersians are not alone!

9:38 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Awesome hat! And the white won't overheat him...just careful it doesn't reflect the UV onto you. Slather on that spf like you mean it.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

How does it get from Jersino to Josefina?

Have fun at the beach - and don't get burned!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat. I had never seen the baby cabana...great idea. Have fun at the shore. Hope you have perfect weather. Love, Aunt Susan

7:43 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, love the animal print lining. so cute!

have fun at the beach!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First: Welcome to the club of living in a State where it is governed by ?????

Second: That little cabana has just enough room for one more person are you going to arm wrestle DrMS for it?

Love, Mom

9:18 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very cute, love that you put the print on the inside!

10:22 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the fabric you lined the hat with - it's so cute.
And I love his little cabana! What a great little beach item. Gotta keep the little ones out of the sun!

7:24 PM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I love the fabric you lined the hat with - it's so cute.
And I love his little cabana! What a great little beach item. Gotta keep the little ones out of the sun!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

The hat, the shark bait t-shirt, and the record player I bought from Sears with my own money must all be in the same place. Have fun at the shore. Elizabeth M. told me to tell you to visit my circular needle holder on my blog.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

Cute hat - you are becoming quite the sewer(!). Or maybe that should be seamstress, ahem.
Have fun at the beach :0)

8:55 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Cute hat. You really are getting much better at sewing.

Have a great time at the beach.

Did the Gov do something or are you talking about the mayors, and rabbis who are asshats?

6:33 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I missed the news. I'm probably glad about that.

The hat is a cutie. We just saw previews for Where the Wild Things Are (the movie). Your hat reminded me.

Your quilt inspired me to make one of my own as a gift. We're not nearly as far along as you, though.

9:51 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Hope you had a great time at the beach! Love Moochie's new hat (and the cabana!).

11:52 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

That sunhat is way cute! I need to learn to sew ... Last year I bought a sewing machine with the idea I would learn, but can't quite figure out the patterns. :(

6:43 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

What photograph???

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home