Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Snowball in Hell

145 days til the official start of winter.

The 10 day forecast calls for highs in the mid to upper 80s.

The average humidity those days is about 80%.

Have I mentioned how much I hate summer?

HATE IT.

Abhor it.
Am disgusted with it.
Loathe it.
Am sick of it.
Am repelled by it.
Can't stand it.
Curse it.
Despise it.
Detest it.
Disapprove of it.
Disfavor it.
Have no use for it.
Look down upon it.
Am naseated by it.
Shudder at it.
Spurn it.
Spit upon it.

I do love thesaureses though!

I don't know how the boys do it during the day here at home. After two hours of this heat and no air conditioning, I want to kill somebody. It makes me so cranky.

Of course that crankiness could be stemming from the fact somebody has fallen into the habit of waking up at 11:00 p.m., 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. every night. You can set your watch by him.

So annoying.

100_7393
My cute little baked couch potatoes! We call this look "going Fabio" and it is the preferred way to dress in the house when the temp goes above 85.

And yet so damn cute. He's trained me to half-awakedly get up and play human pacifier. He's not hungry and 90% of the time I don't know I'm up and feeding him because I do it in my sleep. I'm being played by a 2.5' little man!!

So tonight, Dr. Mad Scientist and I will be sleeping on the couch you see up there. If we can break him of his nighttime waking habit, we can move him into big brother's room for good.

Look closely at the picture above.

Do you see that green lump on top of my t-shirt quilt in progress at the very far right?

That's my Chubby Fiefdom.

I'm really liking the pattern. However I'm not really liking the yarn. It's a merino/silk blend and already very pilly. It was pilling right off the skein. Thank god I didn't pay full price for it.

I'll leave you with a picture of some fabric I ordered. Right now I'm dreaming of these little guys.

100_7395

I ordered a bunch of snow/snowmen themed fabric from the Fabric.com Christmas in July sale.

And they effed up my order and sent me a 1/2 yard of sock monkeys instead of a red version of that green snowflake print you see up there.

Figures. I've emailed them. Hopefully I'll get my snow.

In more ways than just that.

Labels: , , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

The heat is nasty. But I'm celebrating my last summer in this apartment (where I don't pay for the electric) and blasting the air. Next summer, I'll be paying my own electric, so its going to be heat for us. Might as well enjoy it while I can.

Moochie's face in that pic is soooo adorable!!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Melissa said...

At least the sock monkeys are cute! (Not nearly as cute as the "Me? Irritating?" face Moochie is making, though!)

Ah, summer. The #1 reason I was happy to leave Texas. :D

9:29 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

I love the heat! Of course, I've got a jet-engine-powered ceiling fan, and AC... but I love going outside in the heat. =)

9:47 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww! What an adorable pic of moochie! Lookit that cute smile!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Moochie looks awfully happy despite the heat and humidity.

I can't wait for winter, either - but I'm happy to take a temperate autumn in the meantime.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

But isn't that smile worth the 11-3-5? SOOOO cute.

And look at Chunky, so....... not chunky :0)

6:50 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Have you tried sending Dr. MS to settle the Mooch down at night? Perhaps if he knows Laverne and Shirley's all-night diner has started closing at 11, he'll put himself to sleep sooner rather than later.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

My central air has been running overtime.

And that Moochie is adorable. Who would think that that cutie could cause so much trouble! :)

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heat I can deal with. It's the humidity that's the killer & we have alot here in the QCA. It's been a mild summer for us, so it's been nice on the electric bill. It will probably get hot when Erin goes back to school...seems to work that way.

Moochie has that look that says, "Look at me, I'm cute!" He is!

I love the sock monkey material. Reminds me of being a kid(which was a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...).

Love, Aunt Susan

8:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I'm with you. Bring on winter!!! Although I shouldn't complain--our summer in MN has been unusually temperate this year.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Coming out of an all day A/C blast at work must make the heat seem all the worse...or so I think as we've been experiencing 80 degrees at noon, climbing to 95-ish by 5PM...late afternoon is the hardest part of the heat for me to deal with.

I can't even imagine the humidity...People were not meant to breathe water...

And Moochie is very cute in that picture. Surly big-bro looks all, "Mom! Another picture!" which my little brother was very good at making at his age...memories...

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heat? What is that? We have had one of the coolest summers on record. Lots of clouds and wind but no rain.
Moochie and Chunky look like they are enjoying themselves.
Love, Mom

9:47 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ugh are we thinking about xmas already? tooo soooooon!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Jeepers! And not 200 miles to the west, we can't get out of the 70's. Our corn and veggies are takin' their good ol' time. What's up with this? Seriously. It was supposed to be in the upper 80's yesterday, and dang, maybe we got to 82. Right this minute? 69. Really!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Yeah, I'm not a hot'n'humid type gal, either. Cold and blowing snow, I can handle. But the hot'n'humid just makes me want to be left alone until about October. Thankfully, it's been a bit cooler than average in Wisconsin this summer.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Snow???? I hate snow. You have to shovel it, it screws up traffic, etc. I suppose if I could stay inside all winter and not have to do anything outside it would be okay. Otherwise, bring on summer!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hate the heat too! That's why I want outta this state! Moochie is too cute, Chunky looks like he wants outta there LOL! Fabric.com is good with errors. You should get it, barring it not being in stock.

4:37 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

I hate heat. I get physically sick when I go out in bright sunshine and it's over 85. It's ridiculous. Growing up in MD, where the summer temps were 95+, I used to just hibernate in my room reading science fiction and wait for everything to pass. Even going to the neighbourhood pool was a joke because so many people'd be there the pool was like a giant bathtub.

We've had a few hot days here which made me feel like hanging myself.

I. Don't. Do. Heat.

1:35 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

If we didn't have a big 'ol fan in the bedroom, it would be miserable. I'm a huge fan of ... fans. Love those Christmas prints!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I live for my A/C, wouldn't have it any other way.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Great fabric. We have not really had any heat...one or two days. I figure it will hit in September and even October. We have had so much rain. Crazy!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home