Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Symphony

Lately I've been bringing some of my Cookies of the Week to work with me. Now that Chunky's out of school and doesn't bring a lunch, he can't remember to eat a cookie after his lunch at home (weird kid, I know).

When I lay them out for the vultures my coworkers to enjoy in the kitchen, I leave a little sticky note with them with a kooky little saying/story/question.

100_7391
If they were called yellowies or greenies would they taste as good?

Maybe when I get my cookie book deal I'll write a little haiku to go with each cookie.

Anyway, I saw these on Amy's blog. They are the oh-so-easy and oh-so-fattening Paula Deen Symphony Brownies.

I didn't change the recipe a bit. And yes, I used brownie mix. I was a.) feeling lazy and b.) I recently scored two boxes of brownie mix for 88 cents each...regularly like $2.69 each.

I love Paula Deen. I love that she doesn't use a stand mixer and uses a hand mixer instead. I also love her liberal use of the word "y'all." If Dr. Mad Scientist wasn't recovering, I could seriously see a great drinking game being had from watching her show and taking a shot every time she drops a y'all! Ha ha!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

doo do do do doo do do do (twilight zone music) Living in the northeast, and looking forward to moving back to the Great White North... eeeeeerie.

You went from your own bunch of kissable cheeks yesterday to brownies today, from Paula Deen, no less. And I'm supposed to be working with all this distraction? I would so buy your cookie book, btw.

(And why is it the little kids pose like they're professionals and the older kids are all, "yeah, right Mom"? I could eat them both, though, they're so cute.)

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I just gained FIVE pounds! And the blood sugar just went up a thousand points!! Those things look DELICIOUS!!!!

So what are you going to make with the Chrismas fabric? You must have something in mind.

Love, Mom

9:52 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

One day Bezzie... one day, after you've published your cookie book and you're on tour at Powells in Portland ... you and I will sit down and play that Paula Deen drinking game.

So say we all!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Shrinky Inky said...

or when she says BUTTER!

damn you and your cookies - they look scrumptious.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous karen said...

Paula Deen is one of the ones I will watch on Food Network. She's not as annoying as say....Rachel Ray, or as snobby (to me) as Giada.

And my own personal feeling on boxed mixes....if you routinely make from scratch, a box mix here and there won't kill you or anyone else. :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I think brownies in any form are acceptable. Greenies would be okay too...so long as choclate is involved!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

okay, I have made those before, and they ROCK!!!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

ooh um..those are fabulous brownies!! Hubby loves that kind! Hehe..I want an autographed book you know ;)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh, do those brownies look heavenly! Brownies are my absolute favorite dessert!

And Chunky forgetting to eat a cookie after lunch??? I wish I could forget to eat dessert, because I so need to lose weight!

5:24 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

They look so good! I clicked on the recipe and they look easy. That's exactly how I make caramel brownies, except I use cake mix with pudding not brownie mix.

Yum!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

Yours look great!!! BTW..my verification word is "condum."

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brownies look great. Another of your recipes I'll have to try. You know at our house, chocolate is a basic food group.

I love Paula. She is my kind of gal..."big boned", not afraid to eat, speaks her mind, & loves butter! I can see her joining in on the drinking game.

Love, Aunt Susan

7:06 PM  
Anonymous elspeth said...

Those look so delicious! I always use brownie mix - I haven't found a scratch recipe that makes them as well as the mix, and I make everything else from scratch!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

I, too, love that she uses a hand mixer. Makes her a little more human.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

Woah, those look killer. Yum

10:13 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

WOW those look good! Wonder what a good nut-free candy bar alternative would be?

2:05 PM  
Anonymous addi knitting said...

Paula Deene does really make some excellent stuff. But if the fat does not get me the sugar will since I am hypo-glycemic.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

A better game would be to drink a shot every time she licks her fingers and then sticks them back in the food.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home