Friday, July 03, 2009

Three on the Third

What does this man:

Rasputin-PD

This rubber rat:

rasputin

And this yarn:

100_7280

All have in common?

They would be named "Rasputin."

Everyone knows of the Russian monk...

...who shares and name with my sister's traveling rubber rat (because travelling gnomes? So passe!).

But it was the name of the color of the Crown Mountain pencil roving that made me buy it.

I bought 8 ozs. and the 4 ozs. I've spun sofar have been some of the most even I've ever spun. Probably because it's pencil roving.

100_7282

I was thinking of knitting something for Rat Mama Sister out of this--but what?

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Pam the Yarn Goddess said...

Bezzie, I just had to tell you - I just love you. :) Thank you so much for the encouraging words. Cancer does sound too boring, doesn't it? It's just not my style. I envision me driving off the mountain while I'm fumbling around for the ciggie I lit and dropped in my crotch.

1:06 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Happy 4th of July!

That yarn is absolutely gorgeous!! So pretty!!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

ooooh... pretty pretty yarn. the rat... not so much. =P

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kay aka dkswife said...

Beautiful yarn lady! And a travelling rat? Hee hee I love it.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

The yarn is prettier than the rodent, LOL.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

very nice and even indeed!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I have no earthly clue what you should make, but I do likle the colours of the yarn.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

rat cozy?

scarf with a pocket for the rat?

Hat with room to put rat on top?

12:40 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I buy roving for the name, too. The yarn looks great. And I agree with your sister, a travelling rat is much classier than another gnome.....

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like all the ideas that everyone is coming up with! Something that would include "The Rat"! Love, Mom

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home