Sunday, August 30, 2009

And In The End

The (staycation) love you take is equal to the (staycation) love you make!

I gotta say, I'm very impressed with all that I got accomplished on my staycation.

* I organized the living room closet thingy.
* I moved Mooch into Chunky's room.
* I finished Eddie's sweater and humiliated Springs.
* I did some baking.
* I did some Freecycling (I haven't done much NJ Freecycling, there are some annoying uber-freecycleflakes out here!).
* I finished my snowman winter housepants.
* Mooch and I visited Chris and her bionic knee.
* I took the boys to work on Friday to pick up my paycheck (and to show them off--the hens hadn't seen Moochie since he was 3 weeks old and Chunky had never been inside my building before).
* I took the boys and hung out at Karen's with a gaggle of knitters (what exactly is the proper term for a group of knitters?)
* And today--I did basically nothing. And it was great!

Tomorrow will suck. But it probably would have sucked anyway. It's the last day of the month and when I left, I hadn't seen any of Big Boss's billable time to enter into the system. Even if I had been there last week, I have the feeling I wouldn't have seen it then either.

Ah well!

I got a little more sewing done Friday night.

I took a couple of these:

100_7633

They would be velcro crotch onesies.

100_7635

Let me tell you what a stupid invention this is. They are forever popping open. Snaps are the only way to go if you're going to wear crotched onesies.

I merely cut off the bottom, seamed it up, and then took a couple of scraps from my scrap bag and fussy-cut some stain-hiding pieces of fabric and sewed them onto the onsies-come-t-shirts.

100_7637

100_7636

I didn't turn down the edges on the little appliques. Mooch will outgrow these soon and I intend to use them as jammie shirts.

Gotta remember your target audience!!

Labels: , , , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger MiniGene said...

DEFEND THE FORT!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Fabulous staycation. I don't really want to go back to work tomorrow either. Oh, well, I guess I'm gonna.

6:51 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Sounds like a good staycation. You really do need time off work and at home sometimes to do all those things you'd been meaning to do.

Cute - and practical - t shirts.

7:21 PM  
Blogger dmcL said...

Velcro? I'm in total agreement with you! How silly. I dig the frayed appliques: it's how I sewed the big heart on Peanut's new dress to make it sort shabby-chic.

7:35 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Nice sewing there! The last few days have been busy and tomorrow (Monday) is my lst day of work. So it's clean off the computer, ship it off and file for unemployment. Woot!

Glad you had a good week, and those t-shirts look very practical. Impressive!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've never seen velcro-crotched onesies, but then again, my kids are 6 and 11, so it's been a long time since I've had to buy any baby clothes. Velcro on clothes annoys me anyway, because it usually ends up getting lint and other stuff stuck to it, and then it doesn't work well. Cute remakes of the onesies, though!

And lucky you to have a group of knitting friends to hang out with! I don't have any friends or relatives who knit or crochet. : (

10:30 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

Your ingenuity always inspires me! What a wonderful thing is the ability to sew...

Glad you had a good staycation. Feels good to get things done. I just finished reorganising some kitchen drawers. Miles to go, but it's a start...

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that your staycation was so productive. It makes you feel good when you can see and know that you have gotten things finished.

Cute little T-shirts now and the frayed applique is all the rage now.

Love, Mom

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Wow, you are so productive with your time off.

I tend to sleep my vacations away if I'm not visiting the family. Small children always put a huge kink int that "sleep in" bullet of the to-do list :).

9:21 AM  
Anonymous katie said...

A knot of knitters?

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bobble of knitters.

I love the refashion of the onesies. I was just thinking of the fabrics hanging and wasting away in my own closet as unworn clothes. Mmmmmm.
:-) Mag

3:41 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Excellent repurposing of the onesies!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I've never seen velcro onesies before...

7:56 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Staycations can be the best.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home