Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Un-Bake My Heartttttt!

...say you'll love me again...!

It's been so hot out lately that I haven't been making cookie of the week.

And I've been going through withdrawal.

This morning as there was actually a chill in the air (if you can call 70 degrees "chilly") I figured I'd fire up the oven and bake these.

100_7601

I modified them a bit from the original recipe and they are delicious.

100_7603

Very Oreo-like but more chocolatey.

Wanna know my mods? I've decided I'll take the specs for Cookie of the Week to Twitter. I don't really use Twitter as it seems useless to me (and somehow I don't feel the same way about Facebook...). No one cares if I'm sitting on the patio.

And it's kinda fun and slightly obnoxious to see if I can squish a recipe into 140 characters, although this week was pretty easy!

I'm rkbezzie over there if you want to follow. Some schlub took Bezzie. Ah well.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Shrinky Inky said...

mmm, chocolatey!

hey facebook friend me, man. inky wine is my alias ;)

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Necia said...

Oh those cookies look yummy. I will add you to the tweeps that I follow.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate....a basic food group. Look yummy. Love, Aunt Susan
FYI: My verification word is comic-fits me & the fam.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, do those look good! And I admire your patience for cutting all of those cookies into cute heart shapes! Cookie cutters and I do not get along!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

For the love of everything Holy, those look amazing!

5:19 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I saw that recipe last night and added it to my "to bake" queue. I just followed you on twitter. I'm jannabeth there, too.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

soooooo cute!!! And chocolatey!!! mmmmmmmmmm

8:30 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Those cookies look AMAZING. Will have to follow you on Twitter. DPUTiger over there as well. YUM!

11:33 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

WOW, those look incredible. I always liked Oreo cookies...not the frosting in between...because I like a less sweet choccie. Those might be just about right.

What is it with little kids and laundry baskets? Every single person I know has a kid in a laundry basket pic (Lord knows we do). It's a perfect match. It only gets disturbing if you flip the basket over with the kid inside and put a brick on top.

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote with everyone else....those cookies look Good!!

Ummmmmm....70 degrees....cool??? I don't understand...

Love, Mom

9:04 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

If I baked I'd jump on these in a minute!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

Oh, I'll DEFINTELY love you again.

2:48 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

drooling!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous jaala said...

OMG, those look so freaking good. I've been looking for a chocolate cookie recipe! Did you take the espresso out for young'uns? I fear twitter, so probably won't get to check it there. I'm just going to guess that it would be fine sans coffee.

4:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home