Monday, September 21, 2009

Cookie of the Week

This week is a cookie that sounded very tempting in my flipping through of the various cookiebooks I have on hand.

Double chocolate cranberry cookies.

100_7742

Mmmmmm!

Didja know that New Jersey is the 3rd biggest producer of cranberries in the U.S. after Massachusetts and Wisconsin? Not bad for a state that's smaller than the borough I grew up in, hee hee.

I'll tweet the recipe tonight. It's freakin' delish. The recipe would work well with dried cherries too.

I finished my lounge pants and the football pair for Moochie.

100_7738

The fit over Moochie's butt was much better this time.

To clarify, a buttscye is like an armscye in a sweater/shirt. Where an armscye is where the arm edge meets the shoulder of the sweater, a buttscye is my term for that dip in the pant's pattern where the legs are sewn together to form the butt. Ha ha!

Also to clarify: No one at work contracted my illness (Actually they'd be lucky if they got what I had and not the stomach/intestinal crap that was spreading on the 6th floor).

Did you know that if you use Purell (ok, the generic off-brand alcohol based kind) enough it will nearly eat off your fingerprints?

Don't believe me? Well then what if I told you a Saturday Market Bag doubles as a cat hammock?

100_7736

See? I would never lie to you!

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That stuff will not only take off your finger prints but chap your hands up nicely!
Those cookies look good! Darn! I wish I could eat things like that!
Love, Mom

8:11 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Mmm... I will have to make chocolate and cherry cookies for my dad when he comes to visit. That is his favourite combination.

8:37 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh, those cookies sound delicious.

note to self: if you ever need to destroy your fingerprints, start using purell.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Paper pushing + anything antibacterial really = windex on the fingertips before a "live scan" fingerprinting machine can read you. Ask me how I know :).

And to avoid the alligator skin hands? Neutrogena Norwegian Formula...it's 'spensive, but just a dot is all you need.

Unsolicited advice brought to you by the number 21, and the letter M.

8:57 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Hope you're feeling better!

Hubster used to think using Purell would actually substitute for washing his hands when he got them all dirty handling equipment in the shop at his office. I had to explain to him that Purell sanitizes your hands, it doesn't actually clean off dirt! But since it can eat away your fingerprints, I guess in a way, it does clean off your hands, so I stand corrected!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

mmmmm....I love cranberries!!!

I might have to make these for some of my St. Jude's bake sales!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Those sound great, with either cranberries or cherries! I'll be watching for the recipe....

6:13 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I wash the hannies a lot, but I steer clear of the crap to which you refer. I'll use it in a pinch, but IMO it's like keeping washing the dirt rather than washing the dirt off. Clean dirt.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Hahahaha, that is such an awesome cat picture!

Oh man, I'm going to have to get a twitter account for this recipe!

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My hands are a mess because of all the hand sanitizer stuff we use at the hospital...wash your hands before you go in the room, when you come out, & at least 5 or 6 times when you are in the room. The handwashing police are watching us.
Cookies look good. You are going to get me suckered into Twitter...I'm just getting used to Facebook. Love, Aunt Susan

8:05 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Oh..um..drooling over your cookies! I love dried cranberries and adding them to choc. cookies..yikes! Aunt Susan is right..they are watching us..making sure we wash our hands, many times!!

9:50 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

When PeeWee was in the NICU my hands were so chapped from that stuff. Those cookies look pretty darn good.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Sadly, Purell is part of my work environment. Has to be or else I'd get ALL the crud travelling around my area....and yes, I would believe a saturday market bag could be a cat hammock. Other cat hammocks include blankets draped over my legs, coats left hanging askew (kitty curls up in the armpit)and laundry baskets full of stuff

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home