Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fall

Not much going on here.

I've been knitting away a sweater of my own boring design for Chunky. I've started the sleeves.

I'll spare you from a WIP picture. I know I've said it before--I bore myself with WIP pictures. Especially for something so simple and boring as a boy sweater.

We're enjoying a crappy fall day here today.

Not as chilly as I would like it, but I suppose that's good, it buys me a little more time with the Chunky sweater!

Instead today I will be digesting my very fall-ish breakfast of apple cider cinnamon waffles...

100_7754

...and later today I'll be processing the two sugar pumpkins I picked up from the little garden center in the neighborhood (the same place I purchased my Hardy Moms last year.

100_7748
(They're not really that shiny--I took this picture after I wiped the dirt off them with a damp cloth.)

Can you believe I couldn't find any sugars at the farmer's market? All they had were "decorative" pumpkins. Probably because a majority of the people that shop there would rather use canned pumpkin and use the real pumpkins to decorate the front yard of their mini-mansions.

It should be a time consuming day, but delicious!!

And before I leave you today, I'll share two gems with you.

Continuing my blatant misspelling error rant--today it was an article in the hard copy of the NJ Star Ledger picked up on the wire from the LA Times about the funeral for Annie Le. First they misspelled her name as "Lee" in one place and then described the funeral procession as a group of pallbearers carrying her shiny popular casket covered in white roses.

I guess all the cool kids are buried in popular caskets. The rest of us losers have to settle for poplar. To the LA Times's credit, the online version of the article does not have these errors. They must have caught them.

Second gem in the same vein is a website my sister T. turned me on to--The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotation Marks. Hee hee! Love it!

Ok, I promise there will be less petty ranting soon!

Labels: , , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Silly me, for a second I thought those pumpkins were wet with baby-drool.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

"Happy" Fall!!!!!! LOL

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am with Elizabeth. I thought that they were shiny with baby drool!
You have done better rants...come on now!
Love, Mom

1:03 PM  
Blogger bmom said...

There's a pumpkin shortage -- too much wet weather in the northeast.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Marie Grace said...

I'll have to remember to look for sugar pumpkins at our local market this week. I haven't checked yet as I'm still on a momentous apple binge.

Looking forward to a Bezzie style pumpkin cooking post!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

"Mediocrity" is the new "Normal"

3:21 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I found this website a couple weeks ago that cracks me up to no end. You might like it.

http://dontevenreply.com/

Hehehehehe

3:50 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Too funny about the "popular" casket, ha, ha! You'd think a major newspaper would have better proofreaders/copywriters!

I've never paid too much attention to unnecessary quotation marks, but I hate, hate, hate, when people do those air quotation marks! There's this Allstate commercial on TV, where this lady talks about "accident forgiveness" (did I use unnecessary quotation marks there?) and makes these air quotation marks when she says the phrase - it bothers me every time I see it!

Very cute picture of Moochie! My husband's favorite time of year is fall, but it depresses me, because I know winter is not far behind. Spring is my favorite season. I love seeing the flowers poke out of the ground after a freezing winter, and the days gradually grow longer and warmer.

4:22 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Popular casket is one craptastic mistake!

You're right, its chilly but a little chillier would be nice. I've done nothing but nap on and off all day. Fabulous day!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Today I witnessed a grown edumacated woman type "drempt".

Love the waffles, can't wait 'til Christmas. Thats when I make them.

6:44 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Love the waffles. Can I come over for breakfast?

I hope I'm cool enough for a popular casket. Nah. That would be boring.

8:09 PM  
Blogger bigevilgrape said...

we're lazy at my house and use acorn and butternut squash instead of pumpkin.

8:35 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I couldn't find sugar pumpkins last year. I haven't looked yet this year.

And I, too, thought the pumpkins were shiny from Moochie-drool!

10:39 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Yummy breakfast and please bring on fall!!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I have to say that I am one of those people that have never processed their own pumpkin. My Mom used to do it when I was a child - she would always salvage our jack-o'lanterns and there would be pumpkinny goodness afterward.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

A guy at my farmer's market had pie pumpkins for $1.75 each ... I was like - Give me three! Two days later, I bought three more *grin*. Mine will go to make bread. I found a great recipe for canned pumpkin bread, and I make a few jars every year. It's nice for a quick snack ;).

8:33 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

And then there are those of us who would rather just buy the pie from Marie Callendar's, because we tried to bake one once and it did not go well.

Mmmmm, waffles...

4:14 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

It doesn't have to be sugar pumpkin, does it? I suppose those are what they call pie pumpkins around here, but you can just use regular pumpkins, too. Right?

8:37 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

No no! You MUST rant. Else, how do Iknow I'M normal?

9:07 PM  
Blogger SHELLY said...

Hehe, that's one of my favorite "blogs".

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home