Friday, September 11, 2009

A RosiG By Any Other Name

Wouldn't be so sweet!

Have you seen the new Knitty?

More like have you seen RosiG's Mi Escuelita?

I had the honor of seeing Little Rosi model this sweater in person at a get together last fall at Karen's place. The sweater is only outdone by the cuteness that is her daughter (I mean those eyebrows! She's got the most beautiful eyebrows! And yes, I'm weird, I notice eyebrows. Moochie barely has them, and Chunky's? Nonexistent!)

I had the even bigger honor of being gifted a mini-Mi Escuelita by RosiG when Moochie decided to grace us with his presence.

100_7710
(It's raining and nighttime--the universal excuse for crappy blog pictures!)

100_7709
Could she have picked more perfect buttons?!

Needless to say the secretness that is Knitty (well I guess any publisher) that doesn't allow you to post pictures on the internets of designs was killing me!

But now I can show you the cuteness that is Mi Escuelita + Mi Moochito!

100_7704

100_7705

100_7706

It's a smidge too big for him, but the boy grows like a damn weed! It will keep him warm this winter in our apartment and probably see him through to the spring during those times where it's too warm for your winter jacket, but too cold to go without something.

Congrats Rosi!!!

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

That's a beautiful sweater and I'll echo your sentiment of YAY, ROSIG!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

OK, I admit I was a little doubtful when you said she made one for Moochie, because it did seem a *little* girly, but OMG! It's so cute! And the little football buttons are a hoot.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Congrats to Rosi G! That sweater is pure awesome and it looks great on little Moochie.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

He's adorable - I just wanna squeeze those cheeks so bad! Hey , I like the cardi too. You can roll the sleeves up a bit til he grows into them :0)

8:51 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The sweater is great and Moochie is adorable, too! I have to say that I like almost every pattern in this issue of Knitty.

8:58 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Eee! So cute! See? I thought that might be a great pattern for either gender. I'm glad to see the confirmation! Wonderful! It's all about the color and buttons. Way to go Rosi!

9:32 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Moochie takes such cute pictures, and the sweater looks great!

And no, you're not weird for noticing eyebrows - I do too. I've been cursed with horribly thick, shapeless eyebrows (I trim them, but if I let them grow out, you'd see what I mean) and my daughter's eyebrows are even worse, like two thick black rectangles, ha, ha! I always wished I had naturally thin, arched eyebrows. Sigh...

9:33 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

That is soooooo cute!! Adorable model too!! Congrats Rosi!!

1:02 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Cute sweater! Although the way he's growing it'll probably fit him perfectly in about two weeks!

4:24 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Moochie is so damn cute. And I wouldn't have thought that the sweater would have been ok for a boy....glad to know it works well!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Very cute! Willow is definitely getting one of those cardigans. I love that the raglan shaping is all knit together rather than piecing everything together afterward.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is one cute boy wearing a cute sweater! At first I didn't understand the football buttons...I thought that the sweater was for you. And I will BRAG! That is one cute Moochie!!
Love, Mom

9:29 AM  
Blogger Linnea said...

Totally adorable! Moochie is so photogenic, and that sweater is really sweet.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Now, I'll have to go and look up that pattern. Moochman looks happy in his sweater.

6:34 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

aww, so cute! what a great sweater!

8:31 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

He's so cute in his sweater!! Glad it'll fit him for a bit!

12:20 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very cute! Love the buttons!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

What a great gift!

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

it's adorable!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Penny Karma said...

You're lucky I don't live closer. It's just too darn inconvenient for me to kidnap that cutiepoo Moochie. But don't think I don't want to!

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Rosi G. said...

SQUEEE! I'm so happy to finally see Mi Moochachito wearing his sweater(instead of muchachito which means little boy)! :D

I agree that you can just roll up the sleeves and let him wear it as a coat for now. HA! He's so photogenic that one. Love him!

Glad you like the sweater. Now which of those pix can I steal for TPTSNBN?

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home