Friday, September 04, 2009

Summer Has Come and Passed

Ok, not really, but I'm really enjoying finding these little song snippets lately that double as blog titles.

Anyway, today was a bittersweet day.

Today was the last official day of the Bez Boy Summer 2009.

Tuesday Moochie is off to daycare.

100_7622
Yeah I doubt the smiles will be that big Tuesday.

Tuesday afternoon Dr. Mad Scientist has class (I need to figure out what to do with Chunky).

And Wednesday I suddenly become mom to a second grader.

100_7618

It's been a wonderful summer. I think it was just the right amount of time for Dr. Mad Scientist to be the happy house husband taking care of the boys, but I know he's itching to get back into school again.

As much as I abhor the hot weather and sweltering disgustingness of the weather in the summer, it wasn't so bad overall.

100_7546

I also enjoyed being able not to bust ass out of the office at 5:00 p.m. to pick up Chunky from school.

100_7456

I enjoyed getting to work early and illegally doing my filing.

100_7451

But there will be next summer.

100_7385

For the summer reading program.

100_7340

And just general hanging out...

100_7131

...and lying around.

Man, I wish I got the summer off!!!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Isn't that the kicker, though? I'd rather have the summer off as well rather than experiencing it vicariously through Willow.

I'm loving the cooler days and nights around here - bring on autumn and winter - I'm ready for it. Even if I do end up turning 37 in the midst of it.

6:42 AM  
Anonymous sarah said...

This summer was a good one here too. I wish we had a nice long winter break when the weather was livable here!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Summer flew by! The weather was really hot for a few days (like today, yeck). But it was generally cooler than last year, thank goodness! Looks like your family had a really productive summer.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I love your pictures. Chunky's uvula is quite photogenic, but the best pic is of the summer reading program. It could be an award winner. Chunky will love 2nd grade.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Summer? Over? What? Our summer was over about a month ago!! Kids have been in school the husband has been saying "This is the last lawn mowing for the year." And the State Fair has been going on. Plus when I get up in the mornings it is DARK out!!!

Moochie will adjust to daycare, Chunky will do good in second grade, and DrMS will enjoy his classes. And ALL will be RIGHT with the Bezzie world.

You know what they say read to your infant and they will become readers!

Love, Mom

12:03 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The Mooch will adjust to daycare. Is he going to the same one that Chunky did?

You know me - I dread the coming of winter. I'm glad someone is looking forward to it!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Glad to hear you had a nice summer! Mine has been overall crappy, although on the plus side, I started a new job this week (a real job with better pay and benefits!). Now if only my husand could find another job, too. I've been meaning to update my blog, but I've been stressed out about a bunch of things lately, and haven't felt like doing much.

Moochie might have a tough first few days at daycare, but he'll be fine. Both of my kids started daycare as babies, so I remember those days.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Cute Kid PICTURES :-) YAY!

Happy End-of-Summer to you and your boys... myself, I'm spending it enjoying the cooler temps (except for today). Oh, and, good luck on Tuesday (and Wednesday)

(btw - made those cookies. Damn. DAAAAAMN. Good cookies.)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

The girls start back Tuesday. It seems the summer went by so fast.

Cute photos!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

You've got some cute boys -- both big and little ones :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Love the picture! When does Chunky start school? Our state officially starts tomorrow.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home