Saturday, October 03, 2009

800

Remember the days, before cell phones, but kind of when pagers were all the rage and more than just doctors and drug dealers had them?

Parents used to have 800 numbers so their kids could call them for free from any phone. Usually--gasp!--from a payphone.

They still have quite a few payphones here in my part of the east. I think mainly because it makes Law & Order interesting. They can't get rid of them completely because then how would they track down the fake criminals?

However I remember in Michigan and Texas payphones were like an extinct species. All that's left of them is the husk of their little enclosures on street corners, outside of shopping centers and in convenience store/gas station parking lots.

Where the hell am I going with this? It's all about the number 800--this is my 800th post.

I suppose it should be something spectacular, something wonderous, but I was going to use it to show you an on-the-verge-of-being-a-FO-UFO shot.

But every time I took a picture, it turned out blurry.

100_7799

Or someone kept trying to get into my shot.

100_7795

Y'all thought you had it bad with your cats mooching the camera flash.

Instead I'll leave you with a Seinfeldian WIP shot.

Remember that Seinfeld where Jerry's dating a Calvin Klein jean model? She shows him the CK jeans ad she's in that is basically her coming out of the shower half naked and the jeans the ad is for are bunched up on the floor out of focus?

100_7798

Same concept here. Except less supermodel, more boogers, a splash of drool and it's a sweater--not jeans.

I can't wait to finish it!!!!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That's so funny. I totally forgot about that. My mom briefly had one for me to call her. Sounds so ridiculous now but at the time seemed to make sense. And, a baby WIP shot is the best kind!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

So cute! Moochie is such a ham!

LOL, the best Seinfeld episode about a picture gone wrong was the one with Elaine.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Oops, I didn't finish my thought...the one with Elaine and the ummm...mishap with her shirt.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moochie is too cute!
Love, Aunt Susan

11:59 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy 800th! Perhaps there should be traditions, such as the ceremonial bellowing of "This is Sparta (times 2 and 2/3s)!" or somesuch. And thank goodness Moochie's pupils are shrunken and not devil baby red.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Happy 800!

And you're just practicing the artistic shot for the FO shoot, ye-e-e-s, that's it :).

3:02 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

He makes the almost fo look good. Maybe you should call calvin klein and see if he needs a new model.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Congrats on 800 posts! Moochie is adorable as always.

My parents were too cheap for the 800 number. My dad had an 800 number at work I used while in college, but for other times, I called them collect, they denied the call, (they knew the number I was calling from most of the time...dorm room or camp phone), and they called me back.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

I love you ad much better...what a cutie he is!!!!

6:49 AM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Moochie is cuter than a supermodel any day

8:55 AM  
Blogger Amysatx said...

Woo hoo, 800 posts! Love Moochie's blue eyes!

9:32 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the Mystery Near-FO-UFO! Moochie is cute too :)

9:47 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gotta love those eyes and lashes! I have no idea what those 800 numbers were. We didn't have them. Congrats on your 800 posts though!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

800 numbers? It was phone cards and still is! Congrats on the 800th post! Moochie is just trying to get his time in the spotlight! Love, Mom

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home