Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Buttmonkeys Unite!

I try not to bitch about work on here. Really I do. For the most part I do enjoy my job and it's not so bad, and I'm thankful I have one...and blah, blah blah.

But this happens every fall for some reason. I reach my threshhold of bullshit and nearly break. Maybe it's the holiday cheer of November and December that keep me sane into a fresh new year...but it's getting tiresome.

I'd like to say it's just the bosses. But it's not. It's the slacker coworkers that can't handle more than one thing on their plate that I have to help out because I know how to chew gum and walk at the same time.

The latest word in the henhouse (brought to me directly from the beak of the most bitter of the Hens) is that they're not giving holiday bonuses and there will be no raises next January.

Ok. That's cool. I get it. I'm OK with that.

I've never taken bonuses and/or raises as 100% sure things.

But if what the Hens are saying is true--and they're hiring more attorneys--I'm going to be a little miffed.

We're already stretched so tight.

I'm kicking around an old idea from over ten years ago.

Untitled-1 1.psd

I'm thinking maybe the Hens and I should unionize under the Frazzled Employees Coalition of Administrative Laborers* Local 666.

Otherwise known as F.E.C.A.L. Local 666.

Now I just need to come up with a catchy union slogan--any ideas?

*My Old Man and I actually thought up this union name when I was working for Uncle Sam many, many years ago--back then it was the Federal Employees Coalition of Administrative Laborers. I'd carpool with the Old Man to the military base during the summer where I was a student hire for the Department of Defense. The Old Man retired from sucking on Uncle Sam's teat about four years ago.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Ha, ha, Fecal - I love it! I could have used that when I was still at the BOE, LOL! But hey, retiring from a government job isn't so bad - those government pensions can be pretty decent!

9:52 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

At least you can still find some humor in it all! Hope they do the right thing and reward your hard work, and/or hire some appropriate relief!

6:30 AM  
Blogger ZantiMissKnit said...

Slogan? "We're tired of this shit!" Okay, maybe that's not so great.

As a fellow buttmonkey, I can certainly relate.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

We don't get bonuses (no, I lie. In 15 years, I've gotten 2 and both were taxed) and this year my husband's job has said no bonuses . They always got good ones. I never took them for granted nor raises. I remember years when there were no raises. Those are the times I'm thankful for my job and benefits.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the number of your F.E.C.A.L. Union....666....says if all!
Correction the Old Man has only been retired for 3 years, and if government pensions arae so good why do I have to work to pay our utilities?
Love, Mom

9:06 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Ha! I feel your pain. I work with a lot of people like that.

I dn't expect anything from the high ups here. they tell us cut spending/ no money/ etc... and then travel first class to really fancy places for worthless meetings.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

*snort*
Awesome.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

I'd guess the powers that be may be looking to hire assistant rainmakers before spreading the, um, whatever gets spread to the admin staff. Sounds like cause for cautious optimism in the longer term. In the meantime, hang in there.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Love it!!!

10:05 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Go ask you rboss if the rumours are true. Rumours can be very misleading. I mean, maybe they told hen#1 that there are no raises cause SHE ain't getting one...

2:17 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Oh get used to it - we layoff and hire all in the same day - oh yes we do, and we do not get bonuses or raises either - nope sure don't - not for two years so far.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Slogan . . .
Don't dump on us?

4:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bonus? We are lucky to get a ham or turkey or maybe 2 movie tickets...but the CEO can remodel her office for $10,000(rumor has it). Fat cats keep getting fatter. We need the fecal union at the hospital, it would appropriate don't you think? Love, Aunt Susan

9:04 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I too love your union, can I join ;)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Maybe a bonus and raise will still come your way...sometimes the hens are full of hot air and like drama and know nothing lol

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home