Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Chunky on Chunky

I finished the Chunky winter hat last night.

I made him pose for a couple of pictures this morning.

100_7840

And yet he looked so cheerful wearing a wonky sweater!

The deets:

Pattern: Simple 2X2 rib edge and stockinette body. We call these "Burglar Hats" in our house. Dr. Mad Scientist has a black burglar hat I knit a couple of years ago. Chunky wanted the same style. I guess if you weren't going to call them that you could call it a watch cap.

Yarn: Plymouth Encore Chunky gifted to me by RosiG. She made me promise to knit Chunky something out of it--mission accomplished!

Needles: US7. I was even a good girl and even swatched and measured Chunky's head.

Now you might ask when am I casting on for a hat for Moochie.

The answer is, I'm not.

Karen knit Moochie a Retro Flying Helmet last winter back when I mentioned that I figured Mooch would end up being born with a ginormous nogging like his big brother.

I was wrong. Her hat fits him perfectly! It may not last him through the winter--but I obviously am a poor judge of head size.

Plus now I have time to work on a project an old coworker from Michigan inspired me to knit for her. Hee hee.

It's very October-y in a non HalloWEENIE way.

That's all I'll say about that!

100_7841

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

Blogger weezalana said...

It looks great! Chunky's smirks are cracking me up. Maybe you should duplicate stitch some sort of googly monster on the side of it, he seems to like the quirky!

7:23 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Hey you! I have to say I read all your entries. COOKIES!!! I neglect to comment but I do love them. :) The hat looks fantastic and I love his expression.

7:47 PM  
Blogger BammerKT said...

Oh that face! Makes you want to give him a big hug!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Too cute! He's getting to be quite the model you know ;) Nice hat, just right for him...you didn't tell him the burgular part didja ;)

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great hat. Got to love Chunky's "looks." Love, Aunt Susan

8:52 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

That last picture is priceless. Love it!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Cute hat! I've been knitting all summer (it's gotten much easier now that I've had a lot of practice), and really want to attempt a hat, but those double-pointed needles scare me, ha, ha! I need to update my blog with my knitting projects soon.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Chunky's expressions are great. He is so darn cute!!

10:20 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I admit to being a fair judge of head size, but a terrible judge of how much food can fit into a dish.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Hee nice cap, and I love the one Karen made for Moochie! :)

3:07 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

He looks so cute in his new hat!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Man, those dimples are going to devastate the female population when they get just a little older! I've made a few of those burglar hats. Since my husband was in the Navy and wore watch caps and loved them, that's what he wants. Only done really tight with small needles. They're a regular pita.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

I love the second face... with our genetics, I can see it in my future, with a big ol snarky "Aw, MOOOOOMMMM!"

But, I'm now feeling guilty that I haven't made N. a hat for the winter... I smell a yarn shopping trip...

(And, kielbasa sounds fab btw... not that I need more reasons to make mac)

7:28 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I like it "burglar hat" - that is great name. His smirks are cracking me up - but I imagine as he gets older you'll be getting more of those!

7:49 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very nice! looks cozy and warm. sometimes the simplest things are the best.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice hat! That Chunky may look like his Father but he has his Grandma B's dimple!! It's the only good gene I had to pass on! Love, Mom

8:19 AM  
Blogger maggie said...

great hat! That kid is getting BIG!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

A great hat on a really handsome kiddo.

Love that smirk!

11:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I want those dimples. He's so darn cute. And I'm so glad that the hat fits Moochie's noggin!!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Even smirking, he's a cutie pie! I can't blame him for being grump in the morning. I might hurt someone if they tried taking my pic that early! The hat looks great. Love the color.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

My hubby really like swatch caps too. And the smirk is a good look for him Also gives the fo shot some character. As opposed to the always-smiling-happy-model pics

9:36 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

What gorgeous dimples Chunky has!

1:58 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Nice Chunky hat, nice Chunky head! But whoa, when did Chunky get to be too "mature" to smile? Wasn't he was smiling this summer? How time flies!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home