Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cookie Crumbs

Man, I'm beat.

100_7929
Ha ha!

Thursday I made one batch of cookies--oatmeal cherry.

The only ones I didn't get a picture of. They were OK. They'd be good with a cup of coffee or tea if you drank coffee or tea. I don't.

There's nothing fancy about the recipe. Just replace snipped up dried tart cherries for raisins in an oatmeal cookie recipe.

I should have made two batches on Thursday, but I didn't.

So that meant Friday night was jam packed with cookie baking.

I made chocolate chip toffee cookies.

100_7931
(Take any chocolate chip cookie recipe and only use 1/2 of the chocolate chips suggested and substitute a 1/2 bag of toffee chips instead.)

Then it was Harvest Pumpkin cookies.

100_7932

I swear I've posted about these before but I can't find the post.

And finally mini moon pies.

100_7943

They were more like the size of oreo cakesters.

I'm pooped. I didn't get to bed til 1:30 a.m. last night.

Hopefully the AApaloozers will dig them!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

You are so great to make all those. That's a lot of baking time! It all looks delish though.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Wow, I can't believe you baked them all after a full day of work. They all look great but moon pies look especially good!

Today is baking day for me. I'm trying a coffee cake recipe. Its in the oven now...hoping I don't screw it up.

1:06 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

They all look amazing, Bezzie...I'm tempted to lick the screen.

(whoops...did I say that in my outside voice??)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

That top picture was totally cool! It took me a minute to figure out what it was, though ;).

I wish I liked to bake, because I sure do love cookies, but the best I can do is bread, and I just can't seem to make enough to satisfy my family. Either my family's too big, or I need to bake more often ;).

2:30 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ah,ha, so I'm not the only person who doesn't like coffee or tea! I always get strange looks when I tell people I don't drink either one. I'll just stick with my Diet Cokes.

Those Moon Pies and chocolate toffee cookies look good! I sure hope all those AA folks appreciate all that baking you did!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

That's quite the pile o'goodies! Especially the mini moon pies! Get some rest! :)

5:28 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

The moon pies look like whoopie pies. They're a family favorite after we got a Mennonite cookie book once on a trip. I like the dried cherry idea.

6:45 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

You get major bonus points for getting those finished on time. Go, You!

6:48 PM  
Blogger janna said...

I made pumpkin chocolate chip cookies today, and I swear I got the recipe from you a couple years ago - is that what the Harvest Pumpkin cookies are?

10:36 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

I once stumbled on a pumpkin cookie recipe on the internets somewhere that had the consistency of moist cake but the taste of pumpkin pie. I would LOVE to know where that recipe went, as I've been trying to re-create it ever snce.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Love how they all look! I am a cookie/cake/candy/pie fiend :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

how could they NOT dig em? They look great!

9:44 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Those all look delicious!! And I agree, you must be exhausted after working and making all those!! Hope you set aside a few for you and the kids to snack on!

12:44 PM  
Blogger SHELLY said...

Thanks, now I have a wicked craving for a whoopie pie. Decidedly NOT on my healthy eating plan.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

You had me at chocolate chip toffee.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home