Monday, October 12, 2009

Failure

Yesterday my Horrorscope said I'd be good at communicating my message, blah, blah.

What it didn't say was to stay away from the oven.

Well, and the crockpot.

I found this:

100_7857

And figured hey, that sounds interesting.

So I made the batter and poured it into the jars.

100_7858

Covered the jars with foil and put 'em in the crockpot for two hours like the directions said to.

100_7860

In two hours, I had this.

100_7865

Insert "Whammy" noise here.

It's my own fault. I doubled the recipe and should have left more room for rising in the jars.

Next up I decided to make those "personal cheesecakes" except I was going to make them as pumpkin cheesecakes and use a different cookie other than an Oreo as the crust.

I used pecan Sandies instead.

100_7869

And they turned out OK. Except that when I added the pumpkin, it was cold and it made my cream cheese all chunky.

Thus, I ended up with a finished product that looks like a mini cup o'cat vomit.

100_7864

They look like crap when you peel off the cupcake liner too.

100_7868

I didn't totally scrap these though. If you can get over the disgusting look of them they taste OK.

Even Mr. Moochie thinks so. They're soft enough for him to gum with his four little teeth.

He was in my kitchen begging for bites.

100_7866

At least he didn't turn out looking like a vomit cup!

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....I would have to say that those cookies look better than my friend's "Blind Man's Casserole"! Moochie looks like he really liked them! Look how he is showing off his teeth! Love, Mom
PS: My guess is AK is the fourth one.

8:37 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

the cheesecakes may have been a visual FAIL but they sound delicious. i would totally eat them.

sorry bout the crockpot goo though. i hate cooking failures b/c it seems so wasteful. you can't exactly just take out all of the individual ingredients and start over again.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheesecakes sound good even though they look disgusting(sorry about the look). Interesting, pumpkin bread in the crock pot... Love, Aunt Susan

11:40 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

I love the personality Mooch is developing. So cute!

12:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

personal cheesecakes with oreos for the crust? MUST have recipe.

And that Moochie? I think I'm stealing him next time. Of course...after his sleep schedule is all fixed. :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

Oh man, I'm sorry you experienced pumpkin and cheesecake vomit in the same day. These sorts of things SHOULD work (remember when I tried baking choco chip cookies in muffin tins? That SHOULDA worked, blast it). I laughed out loud when you mentioned the Mini Cup O' Cat Vomit, however...

Maybe if you crumbled up the cheesecake cups in a bowl and put a few scoops of vanilla ice cream on top you could invent a brand new dish. Would taste awesome, I bet!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

There must be something in the air. I had a bake fail the other day that left me scrubbing out the oven, sigh.

5:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I give you credit for trying those recipes, even if they didn't come out great.

I don't mind cooking, but I'm afraid to bake anything that doesn't come from a package, like brownie mix, refrigerated cookie dough, or banana bread mix. My last foray into baking something totally from scratch was a few disastrous batches of butter cookies I attempted to make for my husband when were dating, 17 years ago.

I refuse to bake cakes. My cakes are always a disaster - either they crack down the middle, or come out uneven, or I end up with crumbs in the frosting.

I don't even like frosting cupcakes. They never come out neat and pretty. I saw an ad for Betty Crocker frosting in an aerosol can, and I think it's the greatest thing I ever saw, ha, ha! Nice and neat with no mess! My husband said frosting in a can is pure laziness but I don't care. I just let him handle baking cakes and stuff from scratch. I'll stick with my mixes and aerosol frosting!

8:22 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Bummer!!! I pretty much love all things pumpkin too! Busy family weekend this past weekend and two loaves of pumpkin bread were devoured!

Moochie is still the cutest thing ever!!!

11:41 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I use Nilla wafers in my personal cheesecake recipe and the metallic cupcake liners. They seem to hold up better. I've often wanted to try bread in the crockpot but now I'll think twice about it.

7:02 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Both recipies sound great! And the second one looks like a great scary halloween treat :)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

They sound good even if they don't look good, so I wouldn't call it a fail. Just a minor bump.

That Moochie of yours makes the cutest faces!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Some days, baking just isn't going to work no matter what you do. Both recipes sounded like good *ideas.*

12:14 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That's too bad. I guess it wasn't meant to be right? Worth a try though. If you find any good crockpot recipes, I'd love to see them!

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home