Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Growl.

I don't know if its the phase of the moon or what but every little thing has me bitchy today.

I got worked up about a flyer from the Governor (it's an election year here in NJ) that was very vagino-centric. He had four topics in his little flyer.

The ones that he hit on that pissed me off the most was the "fact" that his opponent will take away our mammograms, he championed the NJ FMLA, and he won't let anyone kick us out of the hospital after squirting out a baby before 48 hours is up.

Never mind that I've read both he and his opponent have basically made up and keep poking each other about this crazy mammmogram thing; that MEN CAN TAKE FMLA LEAVE TOO; and holy shit, I would have cried for joy if the hospital had let me go home less than 48 hours after having Moochie.

I'm cranky about it because I'm not sure I like this guy 100% to get my vote. The Independent candidate, while kind of "yesmanish," has some decent answers that rival the incumbent's positions on key issues that matter to me.

But due to circumstances I won't (and can't) spell out too clearly here--I'm forced to vote for either my ideals or to feed my family.

I'm very tempted to vote with my grocery bill because I know by the time the Governor elected this November is finished with his term, we'll be hopefully looking to leave New Jersey. Sigh. Not the best reasoning, I know.

I'm still going to hold the "women's issues" propaganda against the Gov though until Dr. Mad Scientist gets a flyer from him in the mail addressing stereotypical manly topics. What exactly would those be?

There's pandering to special groups of voters, and then there's just piss poor pandering. Because as a woman all I care about is my tits and babies--obviously.

And speaking of boobs, if you've made it this far I will reward you with something I found humorous.

100_7874

These are my Breast Cancer Mushrooms. They came in a pink tray and a sticker stating that the Mushroom Council donates to breast cancer research.

Now am I the only one that associates mushrooms with death and decay?

Eat mushrooms so you don't get breast cancer and end up as mushroom food!!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

I find the whole women's issues thing a bit insulting, too... you'd think it would be better at the uni, but it's so not.

I just got pink boobie mushrooms in my peapod order tonight, and I thought it was great. Pink styrofoam to reuse and store crap in is my idea of fun. (Acutally, it's just habit now - growing up my dad hated the color and I grabbed as much as I could to piss him off) ;-)

8:27 PM  
Anonymous marymac said...

Do you read The Bloggess? She recently found a mushroom boob on her lawn. http://thebloggess.com/?p=4069

The mushroom council needs to think bigger.

9:19 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

If you haven't figured it out yet, our country is based on a two-headed - one party system. So to make a true change, vote for Springs because I am sure the cat is more intelligent than those jackasses that keep getting re-elected. Bitter, pissed? Why'd you think that?

3:14 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Yes, I too, am on a bitchy streak.

3:15 AM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

Whew, you're to be admired, wanting to go home less than two days after Moochie was born!! I went home after 4 days with Maxman (think it was). I liked the idea of letting them do all the work whilst I rested and tried to get my head together...

Anyway, this rock-and-a-hard-place voting rots. For the last 10 years, all I could say about ANY political election was, "Is this the BEST we can offer as candidates??"

4:39 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I left the hospital 12 hours after Em was born. I couldn't wait to leave so I could really rest (and I had a 2 1/2 yr old at home.

This October is pink month is getting a little over the top. I like pink but I'm a little sickened by the craziness of it all.

7:20 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I think what pisses me off most about these political commercials (and we get all of the NJ ones here in DE!) is that the parties seem to think that they always have to have polarized viewpoints.

8:01 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

it kills me that the NFL is wearing pink for breast cancer awareness month. now don't get me wrong--i think it's great to raise money and awareness for cancer, but really? the NFL?

what about something more relevant, like brain injuries or dementia? or crusade against violence. or even animal cruelty.

breast cancer?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I've started seeing those commercials and ads recently. Seems like both candidates are doofy doofballs.

Hmm, I wonder if I can vote here yet?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

You and Ellie must be snapping up all the pink boobie mushrooms. I never see any and therefore have to be horrified by proxy. *pouts*

Crafty Christina, the deadline to register to vote in NJ was October 13.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Picking a candidate for me is alot like picking the best of the worst. All candidates have stupid views. Some of them are deal breakers and some aren't. ARGH

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home