Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nuthin' to Say

So I'll just show you pictures of my Hardy Moms.

100_7909

Hardy mums seem to be "disposable" flowers around here.

I see them appear on pots on doorsteps and pathways every fall--but never before or after they bloom.

My yellow Mom from last year didn't make it through the winter. Maybe all those disappearing Hardy Moms I see are duds.

100_7910

I'll be transplanting my Hardy Mom into a bigger pot after it finishes blooming and I'll bring it up to the top of the stairs for the winter last last year. She did pretty good out in the cold all winter.

Hardy indeed!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

They are beautiful!

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have fabric that looks like that first picture!!! Love, Mom

7:58 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Very pretty!

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice mums. I have planted them before in my flower beds & they have never come back. This year I had 2 come back (I planted 7 last year) & they are these gigantic bushes. They are giving a nice splash of color to my flower beds. Hope they come back next year. Love, Aunt Susan

8:47 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

very pretty. :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger LBorealis said...

Pretty! I think I have the same fabric as your mom. And, I love that gorgeous color. I'll have to see if I can get some to survive Texas. (I don't know how Texans survive Texas, honestly...)

11:14 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

My favorite color!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Nice mums. I dunno why, but sometimes plants with fuschia flowers are more vigorous than others of the same variety.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

The color is so pretty. I've got a black thumb with plants. They're all dude in my house, or at least that's what I tell myself.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Mine got planted and they come back each year just not always as large. They do seem to be disposable plants around here, too. Kinda like pointsettias.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Those are beautiful photos....I had a mum plant that lasted a few years in the garden after I took it out of the pot for the winter. That is good for my non green thumbs lol

10:25 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I like those. I've got some purple ones in my garden, but they're new this year. We'll see what happens over the winter.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home