Monday, October 19, 2009

PB & CC

Whenever I think I had a mediocre weekend--all I have to do is go to work on a Monday and I remember how glorious my weekend really was.

This week's personal Cookie of the Week is a comfort cookie.

100_7900

Peanut butter chocolate chip. Just take your favorite chocolate chip recipe and add 2/3 cup of peanut butter.

If you're astute you'll notice I qualified these cookies as "personal" cookies.

That is because Dr. Mad Scientist volunteered me to bake 5 to 8 dozen cookies for his AA chapter's big AApalooza. That's on Saturday. I've got four types of cookies I'll be baking for the event.

You'll remember last year post-Moochie-partum I baked about 8 different types of cookies for his New Year's Eve Massive Meeting. In some ways that was easier--I wasn't working. I only had to deal with one infant!!

Stay tuned, I'll definitely be blogging about the AApalooza cookie spread!

Labels:

18 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

YUMMMMMMMMMM I could use some comfort!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I would like to start nomming the picture on my monitor, those look so good.

I'm always heartened to hear that Dr MS is so involved with NJ AA.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ooooh..um..er..drooling here!

6:42 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I'm not much of a cookie person, but dayum, those look GOOD.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Those look friggin good! You know, I'm not far...throw some of those this way!

9:12 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

It has been WAY too long since I baked. Plus, I need to make a batch to send to my best friend. He's gone above and beyond lately. He deserves cookies!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Now I want cookies. Who cares if it's not even 7am yet.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

They sound yummy. I baked some brownies last night so it would be frivolous to make cookies, too. Wouldn't it? Maybe not......(I love cookies and milk)

7:02 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Yay! For Dr. MS, and I understand completely about the mediocre weekend and back to work thing.

All hail the office monkeys!

My word verification is plita which no doubt stands for pain...literally, in the ass.

7:55 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

Yay cookies!

i finally took a page out of your book and baked over the weekend. i made chocolate chip pecan banana bread and it was delish.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those sound awesome!! Can't wait to see what you whip up for the AAers!

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum! Those cookies look GOOD! I bet they don't last too long. I know they wouldn't if I could eat them! Can't wait to see the ones you bake for DR MS. Love, Mom

9:44 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

cooooookies. I'm totally going to have to buy a brownie cookie at the caf at lunch today now. I'm looking forward to see what you make dozens and dozens of.

10:53 AM  
Blogger LBorealis said...

Nomnomnom. Those looks so good. You're awesome. And I admire Dr. Mad Scientist's efforts too.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

How come you're like not all big and fat?

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yummy... I want to make some M&M cookies - I bought some of those pink breast cancer awareness M&Ms so Willow and I could make some girly cookies.

8:25 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Those look delish!!! Must make some soon!!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

Or your fav peanut butter cookie recipe and add chips ;)

Now I need to make some.....I love anything peanut butter!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home