Thursday, October 08, 2009

Quick Spin

Just a quickie post tonight.

The Office* is on at 9:00 and Chunky and I will be watching soon!

I'll use this brief post to introduce you to my Trixie spindle.

100_7833

She's square.

And she smells of rich mahogany.

She's a Heavenly Handspun spindle--the same people who made my wheel, and you could have anything burned onto the whorl.

100_7832

Of course I went with a simple "Bezzie."

She doesn't spin as fast as my other little wood spindle. Sadly that spindle has been put down after being dropped one too many times.

Sofar Trixie stands up well to multiple droppings!!!




*The American version that is. Blah, blah, save your "The British version is better..." for someone who might not disagree. Ha ha!

Labels:

13 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

I work with the twin sister of the woman who plays Meredith (Kate Flannery) so for us it's the ONLY version of the show! I love your spindle! I like the squareness of it and the difference.

8:05 PM  
Blogger janna said...

The spindle is great - I love anything that's personalized!

And I forgot to watch The Office... :-(

9:27 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

If it wasn't so much like real life (i.e. my office), I might like T.O. a bit more...but it just makes me cringe a wee bit too much.

9:52 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

Welcome, Trixie!

I've seen both versions of The Office. Yeah, the British version was funny, but it's OVER NOW and has been for some time. The American version is done by the same folks and is equally as funny. It's an example of a good cross-over...there have been lots of versions of these, and not all were hits.

Happy watching!

10:09 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I've never gotten hooked on The Office, but I'm glad you're enjoying it! Cool spindle!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

that's so cool!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

What a dork I am. I have never heard of the office....

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry,don't watch Office. This Old House was on though, and I watched that.
Nice new spindle! With your name so while you are spinning you will not forget it!
Love, Mom

8:38 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Nice spindle!

I forgot to watch The Office. Oh well, I'll catch it on reruns I guess.

8:53 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i liked the office but how i met your mother already did something very similar with marshall and lily's wedding. and to me, himym did it better.

i have to say incorporating the youtube thing was kind of funny though. stanley's got some moves.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Lorena said...

I have one of these very spindles too! and mine just says my name...as if I forget it often?!

Have you started spinning? I tried, failed miserably and quit.

9:19 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Very pretty!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Nice! I love that they personalized it. I wtahced the Office last night too. Good stuff.

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home