Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Going Spicy

I saw a commercial the other day with a familiar looking waifish blonde belting out some country-emo song.

I sighed and turned to Dr. Mad Scientist and said, "Remember the good old days when that airhead Jewel was the only Alaskan anyone had ever heard of?"

Oh those were the days!

In honor of Alaska's biggest haired biggest airhead giving us a bad name and her idiotic book hitting the stands today, I'm GOING SPICY!

As in ginger spice.

gs
It's a shame Dr. MS and I aren't exchanging Christmas presents this year, because the nipple zipper bustier would be at the top of my list.

No, no, not that ginger spice.

More like this.

000_0309

Mmmm...soft ginger cookies.

Preheat your oven to 350. Cream together 3/4 cups of butter, a cup of sugar. Then add a quarter cup of mole-asses and an egg. Mix, mix, mix. Next you add in a teaspoon of baking powder, a teaspoon of cinnamon, two teaspoons of ginger, a half teaspoon of ground cloves and beat it up some more. Finally you add two and a quarter cups of flour. Mix, mix, mix. Roll into balls and then roll the balls around in some sugar. Bake for 10 minutes.

Behold the soft barely-baked, chewy centers.

000_0299

I'll be honest, I like my cookies to have chocolate of some sort, but I make an exception for soft ginger cookies.

000_0303

Hey Moochie! Would you like a cookie?

000_0304

000_0305

Now that's a spicy cookie!

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Oooh those look good! And Moochie approved!

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look good. But did you not know that you did not have to ask Moochie if he wanted a cookie? What child doesn't want a cookie? May I have one. Dang! That inner child of mine! Love, Mom

7:42 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

I make ginger cookies too. I <3 them very much!

And my hooters would get all caught up in those zippers. Man, would that hurt ;)

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Marie Grace said...

Copy, paste, print. Recipe is on the counter waiting for the heathens to return from school.

Cookies are so much better than nipple-zipper thingers.

8:03 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those look awesome!

8:40 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

See, I need to follow your example and do the simple yummy cookies.... my cookies from yesterday were molded sugar cookies, and the decorating was a supreme pain in the hoo-hah. I gave up halfway through.

Plus, ginger cookies are comfort cookies for me; Mom sent them to me in college whenever I was having a stressful semester, and they always helped... I think I'll try these next ;-)

9:35 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Now, I was just sitting her thinking to myself, "If I have time, I'm going to make some of those tasty ginger cookies today," and what appears in the mailbox. A NEW SILPAT!

I do believe it's a sign from above that those cookies will cure what ails us.

Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

10:42 AM  
Blogger janna said...

I'll have to check when I get home, but I"m pretty sure that the recipe we call Molasses Crinkles, except that Grandma patted the top of each cookie (after rolling it in sugar) with her finger dipped in water. Yours may also have more ginger than Grandma's, but that would be a good thing!

11:40 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Yummy cookies! And yeah, that Tina Fey lookalike from your home state does nothing but irk me. The good 'ol days! ;-)

12:37 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Want cookies now!

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the cookie diva! Love, Aunt Susan

4:20 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

drooling!! Moochie approved even! However...that bustier..um..I'd get something caught knowing me LOL!

5:28 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Those look so good. I'm glad you followed up that scary picture of red haired spice with something good. Her hair is enough to give a person nightmares.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Ginger cookies are one of my favorites YUM

6:08 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

Never could figure out what emo actually is.....

8:58 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

My favorite fall cookie is the ginger snap. I found a recipe to make soft ginger snaps and I love them. Only problem is that you have to make little dough balls and roll them in sugar. I hate doing that. I manipulate one of the family members into doing that part!

So, what? You're not going to read her book?

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Best way to get your mind off the cold weather? Bake! Nothing better than a great gigner cookie and a mug of tea.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Mmmmm, coookies....

8:40 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Dude! That last Moochie picture was a perfect example of being in spice cookie bliss...he's totally eying the rest of the cookie wondering if he can snatch it from your fingers before it disappears :).

11:48 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Those look delicious! I'll have to add those to the holiday baking list!

And Moochie is too cute!!!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yum, those look tasty! Ginger cookies are one of the few non-chocolate cookies I'll eat!

2:31 PM  
Blogger LBorealis said...

I cannot wait to try that recipe this weekend. Hell, if I had mole asses I'd start baking now, but ambition has to stop somewhere...

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home