Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Aarg!

For those playing along at home, you'll note that I earlier said I had three knitted gifts I was doing this year.

Two coffee cozies and these.

100_8160

Who says you can't take a picture of yourself wearing both mittens? With a self timer and a stack of library books and a bad camera angle--anything is possible!!

Yeah I still suck at colorwork.

But these are for Chunky. His hands have gotten too big for his Poops mittens so it was time for a new pair.

Pattern: Easy Mitten Pattern from 101 One Skein Wonders. Skull pattern stolen from some scarf off of The Place That Shall Not Be Named.

Yarn: Cascade 220 (black) and some leftover baby llama (white)

Needles: US 3

Notes: Eh, they're mittens. I didn't particularly enjoy knitting the first one because I had to think hard about the placement of the skulls. And you'll note that I effed up the crossbone placement due to me reading the chart wrong. But these mittens will get trashed by Chunky if it ever decides to snow here. I'm not too worried about it.

The sad part is, I made these to fit my hand, and they do--a bit snuggly. My little Chunky is closing in on having hands and feet as big as mine!

100_8162

Hooray for the completion of Christmas knitting!!!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang those are cute! I would love to go to school wearing a pair of those! Love, Mom

7:32 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

LOVE them.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

He will love them. Anything with a skull on it is appealing to kids. All my children have hands bigger than mine. And they're all taller, too. I didn't think I'd end up being the shortest one in the family.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Mind you, if you ever decide that mittens and/or colorwork is just not your thing, I'll gladly trade you mittens out the wazoo for socks. Man, I hate knitting those damn things!

8:21 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

They look good from way over here! and you jus thave delicate, petite hands. That's why his hands are approachin gyours. That or he has giant hairy paws.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

So...my reader hasn't been picking up posts...until this AM when a bonanza of everyone and everything arrived...congrats on finishing xmas knitting...I may still be casting on...

On anything colorwork that is small? I duplicate stitch. It's not worth the agony for me...and it's kinda like embroidering, only with a super fat needle :).

10:13 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I think they're awesome. Nicely done!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I think they're great! Chunky'll love them.

It's supposed to snow on Sunday....while I'm in sunny FL. :)

And I feel you on the big feet...Dan's brand new dress shoes are a size SIX boys. I didn't know if I could look in the kids section or if I had to go to men's. I do believe 6 1/2 is men's though. He's NINE!!! He can't be wearing men's shoes!!

1:33 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Those are cute! I'm making two pairs of mittens myself this year - one is done (for my niece), but the other -- the flip-top, stranded colorwork pair for my brother -- is going to remain half done until I'm sure it fits him, then I'll knit the other (and reknit this one, if necessary).

2:15 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Those are super cute! I'd wear them!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Oh and just so you know...Piper wears a 7.5 woman's shoe and she's only 9!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Very very cute!!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Very cute. They will keep him warm!

4:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He'll love the mittens. I'm the one vertically challenged in our family. Erin has passed me up. I guess it's not a bad thing. Love, Aunt Susan

2:35 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Those are cool! Better tell Chunky to keep an eye on 'em, I'll bet there'll be a lot of kids wanting to snatch them!

P.S. The socks and cozies came out great, too! I thought maybe I'd put all that in this comment instead of spamming you with multiples. Okay, that sounds pervy...

6:27 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

awesome mittens!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hey, I love those mittens! I think the colorwork looks pretty darn good. :)

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home