Monday, December 14, 2009

Check Minus

I didn't plan on knitting any Christmas gifts this year.

But in the end there are three that I've knitted (or will be finishing very soon).

Two of them I knit this weekend.

They were the boys' teachers' gifts.

First up, a coffee cozy for Moochie's teacher.

100_8124

Ehhh, yeaaaah. Believe it or not, that's actually and improvement over the first one.

But I know she likes coffee--she'll snuggle with a Moochie on her lap in the morning while she waits for the other baby/toddlers to arrive and drink her coffee.

The cozy is knit from some of my early handspun.

I'm not sure I like it. It looks very, um, crude.

Inside the cup (that I may or may not have stolen from a certain place of employment--call it my Christmas bonus!) I put a single-serving of gourmet coffee and some Hershey kisses.

Next up we have a "hot chocolate cozy" for Chunky's teacher Miss Trojan. I don't know if she likes coffee or not, so she's got some gourmet hot chocolate in her cup along with Hershey kisses.

100_8158

Can you tell what that is on the side?

She loves the Yankees. I took the pattern from a baseball sock pattern (that I can't remember the name of now!!).

But I'm not sure if I'm going to give it to her.

100_8157

Yeah, my colorwork leaves a lot to be desired. Check out that check minus worthy work.

Awful.

My problem is clearly my tension. But here's the deal, I don't wrap the yarn around my fingers when I knit. I let it sit there slack. Which makes stranded/colorwork a pain in the ass.

We'll see what grade the teachers give their presents!

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I think those cup cozy ideas are great, esp filling the cups up too.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I think the teachers will love them. And the one made with handknit is not crude-it's handmade. It's supposed to look that way. Let her know you spun it (put a care label on it) and I'll bet that'll make it mean even more.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Both cozies are great and they'll be appreciated for the time and effort you put into them. Its pretty clear, you've paid attntion to their likes. That'll mean a lot. Granted, I don't know if you should give a Yankees fan a gift, but hey its Christmas. I'm not a bitter Mets fan, really.

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really cute ideas for the boys' teachers. I think that they should be glad that they are getting anything. Love, Mom
PS: If they need to point out the flaws they don't need the handmade gift!

12:36 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

You're further ahead than me - I had plans to make W's teacher something and it just didn't happen. I did knit my boss a pair of socks and I will post them as soon as I give them to her (she reads my blog!)

6:04 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I think they're great, and as someone who is trying to kick the disposable cup habit (and not being totally successful), I love the idea of not using a cozy, too. In short, it's a gift I would use, and that makes it an exceptional gift, in my book.

Once again, kudos to you!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

I actually really like that funky handspun one.

4:56 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

They're fine. And I knew immediately that it was the Yankees "NY" logo. You're being too hard on yourself!

Verification word is "badmod" Heh ...

5:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

It's recognizably the Yankees logo. But I feel your pain. my colourwork sucks too...and I DO wrap hte yarn on my fingers...so it's not that. Colourwork tension is a bitch to figure out

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home