Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Golden Turd Nugget

Remember this turd?

100_7696

Yeah, that's the massively failed vine and leaf beret from the Fall 2009.

But it wasn't all for not.

Even though the hat turned out looking like a massive furry purple scrotum, I recycled the stitch pattern and made a pair of socks out of it!

100_8152

It's been too long since I've knit a pair of socks!

100_8153

Pattern: Vine and Leaf socks based on the beret of the same name from Fall 2009 Vogue Knitting

Yarn: Trekking Pro Natura (75% wool/25% bamboo). Color 1607.

Needles: US 2

Notes: What a great pattern for a SOCK! Ha ha! It was an easy to memorize 10 round repeat. I love knitting lace socks because they seem to go so much faster. Or maybe that's just because they're more interesting. Regardless, much more fun to knit than that hat!

100_8151

Squeaky approves.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

You seriously get the best pictures with that cat. Love the socks!

6:48 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Nice socks lady! They look like a perfect fit.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks. Whenever Sean & Heather come to visit, Heather is usually knitting socks. She even taught Sean how to make premie, baby hats! Love, Aunt Susan

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colors in those socks! And what do you know there is Squeaky under the Christmas tree! Does she think that it is mistletoe and someone is going to kiss her? Love, Mom

8:11 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

I think socks might be your milieu!

8:15 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh, very pretty! i love the colors.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Ok, so the computer ate my comment and needed to be restarted after I finally get a few minutes to catch up... Coincidence that the top post has "turd" in the title? I think not...

The socks are gorgeous, and make me want to try socks again, but I know the pain of the small gauge will make me quit... keep on knitting them so I can live vicariously ;-)

And, your productivity is amazing, what with all the knitty and the crafty... I've gotten sucked down a hole of snowflakes and garter stitch and cookies myself and can't get out. The wreaths are very cute, I gotta say.

Ok... off to do work and dream of my shortbreads until lunchtime...

9:07 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Beautiful socks!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I agree with Squeaky! Awesome socks.

4:59 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Great socks! I love the colors and they look perfect.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Oooh, they're so pretty! Nice way to save the hat!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

I always have a pair of socks otn. I just enjoy the process of making them. I like your choice of stitch pattern.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm the other way around - I don't like lace socks because they have holes in them and I don't want hole-y socks :) But I do like the colours of yours.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Cute socks!!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Very pretty. The colors are great.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

excellent! you rock! I have socks on the needles too. um, 3 pair. one of which is lace...one year I will get to them

10:14 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Gorgeous socks!! Its been so long since I've seen socks on your needles!!! They are fabulous (as well as all of your other recent knits...I'm just catching up!)

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home