Friday, December 04, 2009

Inspirational Tourists

I didn't go on the little NYC tour that Dr. Mad Scientist took his mom and niece on.

But he brought me back a little souvenir that he probably didn't realize he was giving me.

If you can have accidental tourists, why not inspirational tourists?

On the pictures he took of their harbor cruise (part of the package--which I gotta say seemed REALLY expensive at the time, but they got to do a LOT of stuff so it was totally worth it), I notice a reoccuring theme.

100_7999

100_7993

100_8003

100_8002

Do you see it? Check out all the cool hats everyone is wearing. I think my fave is the simple cabled hat in the first picture.

Now I only wish I could pull off a nice hat or floppy beret.

I have to say though, the best knit hat photo he brought back was this one:

100_8006

Chunky sporting his hat I made him steering the water taxi!!

14 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

i was just about to say that i love the first hat! do i sense a cheapass knockoff in the future?

9:12 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

I was going to guess, "Things that are tall". I should probably put on my glasses when I'm on the computer.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

LOL - before I scrolled past the first picture, my immediate thought was "Ooh! Great hat! Wonder if I could figure out that cable..."

:D

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I first thought it was the skyline....But then I gave it another thought and knew it had to be the hats! Chunky isn't rolling his eyes in that picture either....Oh! wait you can't see his eyes! Love, Mom

9:21 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

ok, I've made myself over 5 handknit hats for myself that I have YET to wear but kids can totally pull it off. THIS year I say...let's take the risk - WEAR IT! Wear a handknit knit!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I like that - unintentional inspiration!

5:37 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Yep hats. I knew it. The first hat is the best, and you can make a hat like any of those, because you have mad knitting skilz!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

How interesting, each shot with a knit hat. I bet Chunky loved driving the water taxi!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Nice steering Chunky!

I catch myself looking for handmade hats everywhere I go Its like an illness now...I can't stop.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Very nifty. I want to make myself anoutehr hat. I wwant a floppy one. I am now going to go peruse patterns on the place that shall not be named! You have inspired me

2:47 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Chunky has on a great hat!
I love the hat in the first picture!!

3:35 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

funny the things you notice

10:00 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I love that first hat as well. Excellent!

6:27 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

I was checking out those hats too! Love them all! Looks like from the photos in the last post, you guys had a great visit!

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home