Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's nearly New Year's Day!

You know what that means!

AA Cookiepalooza!

100_8285

You'll remember last year I baked, boy, I don't even remember how many types of cookies--at least six--for Dr. Mad Scientist's big New Year's Eve AA meeting.

It's basically a 24 hour meeting. Well it's broken up by 1/2 hour breaks every hour or so.

And during those breaks they munch on snacks or guzzle coffee.

Last year was actually much easier to bake 6 types of cookies with a week and a half old infant.

Why?

Two reasons:

1. Moochie slept all the time (infants are low maintenance like that); and
2. I was on maternity leave. This whole having a job thing really interferes with my free time!!!

Knowing that it was going to be a bigger pain in the butt this year, I got smart.

100_8286

On Sunday I mixed up a couple of the doughs and tossed 'em in the fridge so all I had to do was bake them yesterday.

I also scored these awesome exhibit tab boxes from work.

100_8284

Add a cute little label and they make great cookie boxes!

100_8287

Little do the AAers know that they are also Cookie Testers Anonymous.

I'm trying out my first Knitcircus cookie recipe on them!!

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

That's a great idea about making the dough ahead of time and I just love the box idea. It's very nice of you to do all that work! Happy New Year!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great idea!! They look fantastic.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

They look great! Awesome idea about the boxes. Law firms get so many boxes that they just throw away. My firm offered me extra boxes when I was moving. It helps cut down on their recycling costs.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

heh. cookie tester. I'll test your cookies anytime baybeeee! whut? ::blinks::

8:56 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

You are the best! That is so good of you to do that for the AAers.

3:52 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Good use for those boxes. A 24 hour meeting must be an awesome (in the original sense of the word) thing.

It's snowing here today (no real accumulation expected but it looks nice) and I have to go shopping. Again. I think maybe I can wait a few days.

Happy New Year to you and the boys!

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea with the boxes. Your cookies will surely be the hit of the New Year's Eve meeting. Happy New Year to you & your boys. Love, Aunt Susan

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy! I'm thinking I need to join AA to get some cookies! Or maybe I should just crash the meetings....You know like in the movie! The only meeting I would go to is the New Years Eve on and then only for the cookies! Those things look DELICIOUS!

Happy New Year! Love, Mom

8:29 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

mmm. those cookies look so good!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Those look good!

I have a question about cookies in alcohol: obviously, I wouldn't bake bourbon into cookies that are going to an AA meeting, or add real rum to icing. But how about the amount of alcohol in vanilla extract -- or in fake rum aroma? Does all of it bake out? Or is there enough alcohol in there to be a problem?

2:17 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

So I am assuming the AA people put off starting the diet until after your cookies are gone? That was a great idea with the boxes - I pinch the paper boxes at work all the time because they are great for sending packages.

9:44 AM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

The cookie pictures are not helping with my new year's resolutions...yummmy!!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home