Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Love You Take Is Equal To The Love You Make

I thought about doing a FO round up like I have in years past, but it wasn't a good year for knitted things.

They were all small and the bigger things turned out craptacular.

There were a lot of sewing FOs. Whodda thunk?

There were way too many cookies to count.

100_8291

Instead of leaving you with sweet sentimentalities about the year that was and the year to come I'll do you one better.

I'll leave you with the recipe for these sweet little lovies.

Pecan Sesame Shortbread
1 cup butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 teasp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup ground pecans(I used a foodprocessor--but some creative blungeoning with a rolling pin and some repeated mincing with a knife might work too)
2 ozs. chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream together your butter and sugar.
Add vanilla, sesame and pecans and mix.
Finally add in flour.

Dough might be sticky. If it's too sticky to work with pop it in the fridge for an hour.

Roll dough out to about 1/2 an inch on a floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters.

Bake for 8 minutes.

Optional: Once the cookies cool, melt the chocolate chips and drizzle chocolate over them.

It had been a while since I had made these--probably because the sesame seeds make them so expensive--but they add such a great dimension to the cookie.

100_8292

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Happy New Year!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Happy New Year's Eve! Best wishes for a glorious 2010.

And yey for all the cookies! I may have to try these out on my coworkers :).

8:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I take it you have something about putting chocolate on these? Have you done it before? Happy New Year! Love, Mom

10:45 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Yum, sesame seeds! Those look wonderful. Happy New Year! I'm off to bake some cookies.

6:15 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Yum! I'm going to have to go on a diet. Your cookies pictures are going to torture me! They look delicious!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Tricia said...

Yum, Happy New Year!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Those look great!!!

12:26 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Happy New Year! Cookiepalooza looks like it went really well. I enjoy baking cookies, but dno't have a good way to dispose of all the finished product. Hubster and I certainly do NOT need to eat them all ourselves!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

oh! I'm going to have to try those cookies! Score on the boxes, I love finding just the right ones at work too ;)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Bezzie, will you marry me? Marry me and bake me peacan shortbread every day? I'd be good to you, I promise!

1:20 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

cookies look great!

cheapass hint: sesame seeds are much cheaper at the health food store!

thanks for blogging!

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home