Sunday, December 20, 2009

Post Birthday Wrap Up

Since the snow here (sofar--it's Saturday night at 8pm as I type this) is pretty pussyrific* (but hey, at least it SNOWED, last year they'd issue the French Toast Alert and nothing would ever happen), I will give you some post-Moochie birthday wrap up.

First up, the cake.

Dr. Mad Scientist actually came up with the idea to make it in the shape of the number 1.

100_8170

I splurged and used some funfetti fudge frosting to give it a little pizzaz. Frosting is one of those things I can make, but I prefer the taste of storebought. The cake though was made from scratch.

Then there was some blowing out of the candle.

100_8177

Some presents.

100_8179

And my favorite--the consumption of the cake!

First Bite:
100_8184

Last Bite:
100_8193

Hee hee!!! I think he had a pretty good day!



*In more ways than one--the 3/4" of an inch and promise of non-stop snow throughout the night actually shut the Boobie Bar down at 6:00 p.m!!!

ETA: Ok, so it's Sunday morning about 8:00 a.m. All told we have about 4" and it's still slightly coming down. Better than nothing!!!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

It's still coming down but lightly. It snowed all day and we got 20 inches. That's a lot for southern new jersey. It's beautiful but the timing sucks.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Great cake!

I don't know how much we got here, but I'd guess around 6 inches or so.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Heh, happy birthday to the cake-eating boy! I'm also a sucker for frosting, the cheaper, the better. I scrape it off of other people's pieces when they think it's too thick and slather it onto mine. Can of frosting, spoon, heaven.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

Did Moochie save me a piece? I'm a sucker for chocolate frosting! I like to dip Nilla wafers or animal crackers into a can of chocolate frosting. Don't tell anyone...

10:22 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I eat icing out of the tub :) So I know what you mean by likin ghte store bought stuff.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Moochie!!! That cake looks like it was delicious!!! It sound like you brought the snow again...you will have to keep this up in later years!! Love, Mom

12:43 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Are you kidding? Frosting = heaven. Now I like the kind I make myself, but I will never turn frosting down....NEVER.

He is so cute all covered in chocolate.

Sorry you didn't get much snow. I want it to snow a foot after Monday. I have a presentation to give on Monday otherwise, I would love for it to start now! :)

It is nice to see that the boobie bar looks out for their patron's safety ;p

12:43 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

We got a good solid 5" here. I was glad to have the new car yesterday morning. I never would have made it to work on time in the old car, since my neighborhood had barely been plowed and we live at the bottom of a "bowl" so it's literally uphill both ways to get out.

That cake looks delicious. Happy Birthday, Moochie!

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Moochie!! Like the cake(& it looks like Moochie did). Glad you are getting snow. Maybe you can break out the sleds. Love, Aunt Susan

4:41 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Awesome cake! I love frosting in all forms, and don't discriminate, but sometimes nothing but store-bought chocolate will do (homemade never gets chocolatey enough). My little brother hated chocolate; N. loves it.

Oh, and here in southern CT I'm guessing we got somewhere around 12-14 inches, but we made it outside anyway to go downtown... I'm Canadian; this was really no more than a sprinkle ;-)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That cake looks darn tasty!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Awww...baby cake eating! And the dazed post chocolate haze ;)

9:38 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww what a cutie! Happy first birthday, Moochie!

10:38 PM  
Blogger LBorealis said...

Happy Birthday, Moochie! He's darling. Is he really a year already?? Unbelievable.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Looks like a thoroughly successful birthday cake and a most excellent first birthday!

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home