Monday, December 07, 2009

Remove the Suck

I didn't get to bake cookies last Sunday because Grandma Mad Scientist was here.

Man, I went thru some serious withdrawal. It sucked!

Yesterday, inspired by my Littlest Boss's 12 y.o. palate I made these:

100_8075

Funfetti cookies!!!!

I've never had funfetti cake, but Littlest Boss said it was his favorite cake ever. His birthday was the Monday after Thanksgiving and due to the aforementioned Grandma MS, and the fact that we were all still coming off the turkey-bloat, I didn't make him any cookies.

They were perfect for today.

Or as my little note next to the cookies said (because I always have to caption my cookies when I set them into the kitchen to be grazed on):

Funfetti: Taking a bit of the suck out of Monday.

I also made some of these, but I can't tell you about them.

100_8078

That's all I'll say about that.

And speaking of golden silence and bosses--I had a great start to my Monday.

I am always getting these random Google-fu assignments from Big Boss.

Today he emails me from home before he takes off for the office and tells me to research three pharmaceutical companies.

About 45 minutes later he calls me and asks me to give him the rundown on the companies.

Company C makes fertility drugs.

Company S makes inhalant drugs.

And Company F doesn't really make drugs, they hold the hand of companies like C and S as they navigate the research, trial, approval and marketing process.

So he's got me on the phone, and I swear he must have had the top down of his convertible or something because the connection was awful. (It barely cracked 32 degrees here today, but I wouldn't put it past him to be driving around like that.)

After I tell him where each pharm's HQ is located he asks me to list the drugs the companies each make.

I give him the list that Company S published on their website. I explain that Company F doesn't really make drugs themselves and then I tell him what Company C makes:

Me: "Umm, it says here 'women's health care products.'"

Big Boss: "Wait, what was that?"

Me: (louder) "Women's health care products.'"

Big Boss: (long pause) "I need you to be more specific."

Me: (reading directly off the website now) "It says here they make something called Crintwo, Proacheive*, and two brands of vaginal gel."

Big Boss: (over the static) "What was that again?"

Me: (yelling) "Crintwo, Proacheive AND TWO BRANDS OF VAGINAL GEL."

That shut him up really fast and the call pretty much ended there.

Ah yes, because only Funfetti can take the suck out of screaming "VAGINAL GEL" to your boss who is old enough to be your father at 10:00 a.m. on a Monday morning.


*Drug names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

and you got to yell VAGINAL GEL at work, with your bosses blesing. HA!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

vaginal gel? Greatness.
Those cookies look AWESOME!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

OH that is so fabulous.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I want to know what the secret chocolate thingies are!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hahaha! I bet he was glad he wasn't seeing you in person ;) Great cookies!!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

those look like what I saw Alton make for his nephew on the halloween episode.

10:14 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

Wow, you got to yell "vaginal gel" at your boss. That's so much cooler than some of the things I've yelled at former bosses...

WV: unalytho. Sounds like a kind of feminine product. "Ask your doctor is Unalytho is right for you."

11:49 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Now that's something you can put on your resume!!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

That would have to be the one and only time I would wish I worked for an attorney, just so I could yell vaginal gel at them.

Hee hee, WTG Bezzie. You are my hero!

I have no respect for lawyers...

4:08 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

And my verification word is prict.....

I am envious of you getting to yell vaginal gel. We only get to talk about psych meds around here. Nothing interesting unless the discussion gets around to side effects and erectile dysfunction comes up (hehe)

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if I can leave a comment or not....I am laughing sooooo HARD!!!!
I'm not only laughing at our post but your Followers comments also!!
I Love it! Love, Mom

8:05 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You have a very interesting job ... and that's all I'm going to say about that ;).

9:06 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

How come your job sounds like so much more fun than mine?

9:11 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

at least you don't work for the company that makes the stuff. imagine how many times you'd have to yell those words if you did.

"i'm sorry--WHAT do you make?"

9:21 AM  
Blogger sgeddes said...

I don't know, I can see getting a good chuckle at being able to say something like vaginal gel to some of the big muckity mucks at my office!

I love cookies with sprinkles, my grandmother made them each Christmas - no frosting and she used one of those cookie presses. Your photo makes me want to dig out her recipe and make some.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Too funny! You're going to spoil your coworkers with all that cookie baking - they won't know what to do if you ever find another job!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

The cookies look great. I've never done the funfettit thing either though.

LMAO @ the boss. How awkward is that!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

VAGINAL GEL!
VAGINAL GEL!

6:53 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Everyone should be able to yell vaginal gel at their boss in a work context at some point in life. Best that the work itself doesn't exactly involve vaginal gel!

6:21 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

guess who needs your address AGAIN for the 3rd year in a row? Um, yeah, I could have sworn I kept it in my address book, but that would have been way too logical.

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home