Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What Do You Think?*

Half a score, or one decade ago today, two people came forth to form a new union, conceived in happiness and dedicated to the proposition that we both loved each other.

100_8279
June 1999--the weekend we were engaged we went on the Portage Glacier Cruise. Like the cheapass couple we were destined to become--they were freebie tickets from his Mom's boss!

That's right. Ten years ago today, Dr. Mad Scientist and I tied the noose knot!

100_8280
He took me on a hike up to his favorite falls in Crow Pass. He planned to pop the question there, but the pass to the falls was snowed over with too much snow. Instead he proposed while I was sitting on this rock while we were deciding whether to press on thru the snow or not.

Without sounding like a cheesy Senior high school yearbook epitaph or a Grateful Dead song--what a decade!!!!

We hit the ground running as newlyweds living in Colorado while Dr. Mad Scientist finished up his bachelor's degree.

100_8283
That dust-sign got us more comments at rest stops and gas stations that you would imagine!

Eight months later--it was off to Michigan to chase the PhD.

A little less than two years into it--we welcomed Chunky to planet earth.

Things got tumultous as grad school wore on, but we tried our best to weather the storm the best we each knew how to at the time.

Six years into the fun, we had the Great Texass Debacle.

After our reunion, we packed it up and headed north to New Jersey.

The aforementioned storm that tested us in Michigan roared back and nearly ripped us apart our second year in New Jersey...but we perservered.

At the end of that year, we welcomed Moochie into the fold.

And here we are today.

Would I do it all again? Yup.

I'm very lucky to have such a wonderful man who laughs with me, puts up with me, and is an amazing daddy to our boys!!

100_8282

I know the next 10 years won't be hearts and flowers...but I've never been a hearts and flowers girl!

Happy Anniversary sweetie!!!!!!



*This is what I answered with when he asked me to marry him.

Labels:

26 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Congratulations! It's nice to know you'd do it all over again... that's inspirational for a newleywed like me!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Happy Anniversary!

7:38 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

congratulations!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Congratulations! He is very lucky to have you!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 10th!!!! Wow! I can't believe it has been that long

These are the first pictures of your drive down that I can remember seeing.

May you two have many more!

Love, Mom

8:06 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congrats on the first (of many) decades!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Alisha said...

That is too funny that you answered that. Congrats to you both!

Cheers to many many many more years ahead!!

8:17 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Congratulations Bezzie!!!

8:26 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I recall saying something similar when my husband asked me to marry him. We were on the phone, and I was in Germany and he was in Kansas :).

Happy Anniversary to you both!

8:36 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Happy Anniversary!! The pics are so sweet! And, hearts & flowers are a hallmark thing, methinks... I'm more fire and brimstone myself ;-)
Here's to decades more!

8:50 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Congrats!!! Its awesome that you can look back and say with certainty that you'd do it all again!

(if I had stayed with hubby #1, I would have been married 10 years this year too. lol).

10:33 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Aww - Congrats! Happy Anniversary!

11:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the summary of the past 10 years!!! Remember "concise is nice, verbose is gross" to quote Dr. Love, which is oh-so-appropriate for your 10 year anniversary! <3 awww! Congrats to you both!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like the both of you picked the right person. Here's to many, many repeats.

2:56 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Congrats on 10 years!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Happy Anniversary! My husband popped the question by asking, "what are you doing next October?". My kids always get a kick out of that.

It's nice to be married to someone you'd marry again.

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 10th anniversary! Wishing you many more years together. Love, Aunt Susan

5:10 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

Happy anniversary, hon!!

5:37 PM  
Blogger SiressYorkie said...

Good heavens, that's a lot of living for 10 years!! Congratulations!

5:12 AM  
Anonymous maryannlucy said...

Phew what a ten years! and many miles too....
Happy Anniversary xxxx

3:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Awww, congratulations to you and Dr. MS! I think he's pretty lucky to have you as a spouse, too! : )

9:06 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Happy Anniversary! For the record, my answer to that question was, "Of course."

9:42 AM  
OpenID emileeknits said...

Congrats! I love those pictures!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well Happy Belated Anniversary!

5:50 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

Love those pictures of you two!

2:18 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Congrats!!! Here's to many more!

And really, is it ever all hearts and roses?!

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home