Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Wieners!

First things first--lemme list of the names of the peeps who won the little holiday doo-dads I got distracted making.

Jack The Sheep (who may or may not nip at your nose): Karen

Red Sheep In the Morning (don't worry, he's not a communist, he's just in the holiday spirit!): Erin

Marble Magnets: Nicole

Ok, now the hard part: Weiners have to email me their addresses. You can reach me at rkbezzie @ gmail . com. Remove the spaces (like you didn't know that!)

As for tutorials--it's muy simple.

The glass ornaments were just flat clear glass thingys that everyone's favorite blog mom sent me. I think she picked them up at Joann Fabric. But that was way back in the day when she'd rock her employee discount and snatch up stuff on deep clearance (which I think those glass things were).

Anyway, trace the shape out over some festive scrapbook paper (or whatever paper you want) and then I had some sheep papercutouts I bought a while back from etsy thinking I would do something lofty with them.

Lightly glue your sheep to where you want him on the cutout scrapbook paper.

Take some of that clear varnish you can buy at any craft store and paint it over the right side of the paper--not too much--you don't want to saturate the paper. Just enough to get it to stick to the glass. Press it on the glass, smooth it out, and ta-da.

Same thing goes with the marble magnets. You can buy those flat magnets in the floral section of craft stores (they get put in the bottom of vases to be decorative or something...I dunno, I don't do flowers). Except when the paper dries, you hot glue a magnet to the back.

See? Muy simple!

Did you make it this far? Are you bored reading this post?

Well I'm about to do something I haven't done in a long time--actually post a WIP on Wednesday!

100_8102

This is going to be a toy for cousin Blue Face Lester. Sofar so good. My first attempt (and I'll document that when I do the FO write up for this one) was pretty pathetic.

I'm hoping this turns out better.

And Wendy--stay tuned, this might be up your alley--the pattern is entirely made of rectangles!!!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger DPUTiger said...

Good luck with whatever those little strips are going to turn into! And someday, I'll try those magnet thingies!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Interested to see what that WIP turns out to be!

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that is how you do them! I used white glue and it sucked! Clear varnish is the trick. I may not have won but I did tell a knitter at the library to "Google" your blog, she said she would cause she looks at blogs as diaries and she likes to read diaties. Love, Mom

9:29 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I'm finally a weiner! Woot!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Well, I guess he's still a baby, strips of yarn are good to play with...
;-)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Weiners...heehee!

I can't help myself...everytime you say Blue Face Lester, I giggle uncontrollably.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home