Monday, January 25, 2010

Creamy, On a Sunday Afternoon

Ok, so technically it's "groovin" on a Sunday afternoon.

And technically it's Sunday evening when I'm writing this.

And technically you're reading this on Monday. But that's because for me, Monday is going to be crap.

We've got a Brief From Hell--Third Circuit Edition due on Monday. I love e-filing for the convenience, but I hate it because it gives the attorneys until 11:59 p.m. to file instead of 5:00 p.m.

It wouldn't be so bad, but Dr. Mad Scientist has his one and only class left in his teaching program on Monday nights and the first class is tomorrow (or technically today because I'm scheduling this post).

So this means I have to leave to get Chunky and Moochie from aftercare/daycare at 5:00 p.m. Get to Chunky's school at 5:30. Race over to grab Moochie at 6:00 p.m. and then drive BACK to Newark getting me back to the office at about 6:30. Dr. Mad Scientist gets out of class at 6:45 p.m. and thankfully (if you can call it that) his class is held off the Montclair State Campus at a Newark HS. So it will be easy for him to stop by the office to pick up Moochie and Chunky.

I don't know when/how I'm going to feed the boys since Moochie's usually done for the night at 7:30 p.m. Sigh.

But enough of this malarky. Cross your fingers that Big Boss gets his act together and I can hit that beautiful "submit" button on the e-filing page and get the Brief from Hell in at 5:00 p.m.

Bring on the cookies!

This week an interesting twist.

100_8391

Ginger Creams.

They're a cakey ginger cookie with a lemon icing. They make for an interesting juxtaposition of the spicy wintry flavors and the light lemony springish flavor.

Which was fitting for today. I think it was 50 degrees outside. And yet, it is January. Winter people. Winter. And 50 degrees. Why yes, I am complaining. Where's the cold? Where's the snow?

Despite my gripes with the weather, quite delish.

It was also a milestone for Moochie this weekend.

Every other Sunday night is pizza night (we make it from scratch now that we're weaned off of the Boboli crusts). This weekend I figured I was sick of him trying to mooch bites off of my pizza and so I pinched off a bit of the dough and rolled him out his own baby-pizza.

100_8395

Oh yeah. He takes his pizza eating serious.

Labels: , , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

He's so cute. Good luck today. I hope they are done on time so that you don't have to run crazy tonight.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So that is what he was doing when we were on the phone!!! He is a Keeper!!!

Well you could have my job where you sit around all day waiting to go to work. I work 3 to 8 PM. Not fun when you consider that I have to go in a half hour early so that I can take a dinner break an hour into my shift and before the full timers go home.

Love, Mom

7:59 AM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

I LOVE a boy with a dirty face - it can only mean he's had fun. And the Moochman sure looks like he's had fun :0)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

My Monday's a big decision day at work too so it's going to be hell! It's nice to know there's a kindred spirit out there.

8:56 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

pizza is serious f-ing bizness.

love your cookie creativity. you always make me hungry.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Damn, those cookies look GREAT!

And I'm totally with you. Winter, folks! Where's the freakin' winter?!

It's 40+° here today with rain and ... ugh, what a mess with all the snow melting, and I live on a dirt road, which means mud season cometh early.

Oh, yes. I, too, am complaining like a whiny little school girl :).

9:14 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

ha ha love that photo x

3:20 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Its not 6:45...I hope you're on your way home, not going back to work.

Those cookies look amazing. *drool*

Fab picture! Everyone should take pizza eating so seriously.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

They sound delicous. I've had gingerbread with lemon sauce and the flavors really compliment each other.

And I hope by this time that you're home and reading this!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Moochie sure looks like he has full tummy of pizza contentment on his face,, to say the least.

Those cookies look soooo good. Between the thought of those,,, and when Karen made her red velvet truffles,,,, my sugar is rising already!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

He is so darn cute. I had a little light at the end of my work tunnel and I'm hoping that you will find the same light.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

but does mootchie fold the slices like a true jersey native would??

12:38 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

He is so cute. Baby pizzas!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

He's too freakin' cute. Makes my ovaries hurt. Damn you.

8:43 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

OK, so how hard is pizza dough? I've officially punted on the Trader Joes pizza dough. It makes me insane. But I still like the thought of DIY pizza.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

My son loves dough, and we had him make his very own pizza for the first time over Christmas break. He had a blast! A serious milestone!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home