Thursday, January 28, 2010

Drive By

Knitting
I haven't been knitting much.

Citron is my car knitting. It's boring and I'll probably never wear it. But it uses up some yarn that's been languishing in my stash. Thank goodness I'm on the final ruffle.

Crafting
I am forcing myself to quilt on the CSU t-shirt wall hanging. It's going to look great when it's done.

My only worry? I want to hang it on the wall. However, we discovered a NEW leak in the ceiling--this time it's in our bedroom and the water from outside is seeping down the wall (and consequently dripping onto the bed of Zorba's live-in nurse a floor below). I don't want to eff up this wall hang

Three more years. Three more years.

Sewing
I've got the sewing bug. I think it's because of the shirts Bean and Karen have been blogging about (I'm too lazy to link--I can barely type this because there's a Springsy cat sleeping on my left arm.). I ordered a shirt pattern off of etsy for a few bucks. But now I can't justify ordering fabric for just the shirt. I hate not having a decent fabric store around.

Dr. Mad Scientist made a pact with me--for our anniversary this year (December 2010) since we didn't do anything nice for each other (or for Christmas for that matter) he'll buy me a new sewing machine and I'll buy him a graphics card for the computer.

This means that I'll buy myself a sewing machine and he'll buy himself a graphics card for the computer because neither of us know what the hell to exactly buy for each other.

I've got a whole year to research the perfect machine.

Current Events
J.D. Salinger died. I don't know why everyone is upset. We should all be so lucky to live to be 91. Good grief.

It's interesting to see the competition that he had in 1951 when Catcher came out--C.S. Lewis, Samuel Beckett, William Faulkner. Kinda makes you wonder what authors published in 2010 will withstand the test of time huh? Ah well, another dead white guy author to add to the list.

He also had the misfortune of dying on the same day Steve Jobs unveiled the iPad. Yikes.

My sister T. talks about sitting in on "naming" sessions for products at her advertising firm. Apparently the naming committee for Apple must have been on auto-pilot that day.

Or maybe Steve-O was still recovering from his replacement Lizard liver the Illuminati hooked him up with the day he signed off on that name. Hee hee.

Prize At the End of the Post
000_0332

If you leave your February Lady Sweater on top of your dresser--it will attract the color cat whose hair will most stand out against the yarn.

It's a good thing she's cute!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmmmm, working in a library I don't think that I have seen any book that will last the test of time llike "Catcher".
That's the way it is with animals! I wore a black sweater today and Eddie sat on me before I went to work. Now mind you he is white and brown but I covered myself with a quilt before I let him up....it didn't help.
Love, Mom

11:23 PM  
Blogger ChestyLove said...

What a gorgeous kitty...never seen a full picture all at once. Looks VERY snuggly.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Lucky does the same thing - I'm working on a baby blanket right now and all he wants to do is sleep on it - he has even snuggled up to the knitting bag the baby blanket is in.

5:48 AM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Thank you! You don't know how happy it makes me that people hate the name "iPad." Naming matters!

-T.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Poops said...

JD Salinger lived in NH.

In case anyone was wondering...

7:49 AM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

Bet you cannot wait to get the sewing machine. :)

8:10 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

ooh, new sewing machine! i regularly research that myself, but it's very confusing. i think in the end i'll just go to a dealer and try out a bunch of different ones. it's very similar to getting a spinning wheel--e'erbody's got opinions

9:04 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

you can come visit me....and we can go to Joann's together. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Woot for new sewing machine!

Smokey does this too....white shirt on the bed + black cat....

11:15 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Kinda reminds me of the Wii. Silly name.

I would love a new sewing machine. My husband had the graphics card but wants a new power supply (like I know anything about power supplys) for his birthday. I'll let him choose.

btw, what happened at work?

11:30 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Dude, you should have asked for the sewing machine for Mother's Day! Its closer!

There are sooooo many jokes to make about the "IPad."

Pshaw, if I lived to be 91, I'd want people to throw a party celebrating my old butt, rather than mourn.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Here's hoping Zorba finally gets that roof fixed for you guys. You shouldn't have to deal with that.

Awww, what a cute kitty! Black and white cats are the best! I have a girl one, but she's mostly black, with a white tummy and little white paws. My cat will lounge all over my clothes, but won't cuddle by me - she's an evil thing! My son was sitting at the kitchen table minding his own business, and she hopped up on the table, walked over to him, and smacked him on his arm. Luckily she's declawed (yes, I know some people frown on it, and I do feel guilty now after hearing that vets now discourage it), so it didn't hurt. She'll let strangers pet her, but I try to pet her, and she bites me. Good thing she's at least cute!

I agree with you about the 91 (Salinger was 91, right?). Not everyone gets the luxury of living that long. I came across an obituary a couple of days ago, for a lady I worked with some years ago, who just died at 59. She was a good person. Sad that she didn't get longer on this Earth.

P.S. Everytime you write "CSU", I automatically think of my alma mater, also a CSU (Cleveland State University)!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Bloglines sucks; I'm only getting posts today... time to switch, maybe.

I'm keen to see your citron - when things pop up at the top of the pops list on the-place-that-shall-not-be-named, I often click over eagerly, and that one I can't decide on. Wouldn't wear it, might knit it, so I'll wait for pics.

Am sitting in our (relatively very nice) apt, thinking about the pouring leak in the closet that may or may not come back (buckets last time), the doors that all stick, and the fact that all the draft guards in the world don't work to warm it up. I feel your pain. Three more years, indeed.

And yay for new sewing machines! I'm still owed my phd grad sewing machine. From 2007 ;-)

Stay warm!

8:58 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I've never read Salinger. Perhaps that makes me a bad person? You're right. 91 is a "win" on most any scale.

Let me know what your price range is for the machine. I'll probably have some recommendations! :-)

8:18 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

re: sewing... you're going to be a quilter, I can feel it... it's just a matter of time. =P

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home