Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm Down With LCB...

...yeah you know me!

LCB? WTF is that, you might ask.

LCB is Kristi's Lansing Comfort Bear project.

Abbreviated version: You knit a bear for one of the members of the Lansing Po-Po to carry around in their trunk for any kid they may encounter on the job who needs a little something to snuggle.

After scouring various places on the web for a freebie teddy pattern, here's what I came up with.

100_8386

Pattern: Care Wear Bear

Yarn: Ummm...some kind of sport weight light brown acrylic in the stash.

Needles: US3

Notes: This is a very interesting pattern. It was modified from some old Norwegian knitting book according to the pattern description. He's cute. But the construction was different from what I'm used to.

100_8388

He's knit all in one piece. Sort of. You knit the first leg separate, then join them, and then cast on symmetrical stitches for the arms. Very interesting. Huh. And now that I'm thinking of it, why didn't I turn him inside out to seam his arms shut?

He's cute, but I have two problems with him.

1. He's kinda small--about 5" tall or so. I'm not sure how much comfort he'd really give; and
2. I think he looks like a cat!

100_8387

Either way--he'll soon be on his way to Lansing!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

You're right, it does look kind of like a cat, but it's still cute!

8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe Cat is his name. He is cute and I don't think that he is too small. Love, Mom

12:20 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

What a great idea. Good work. I think he's perfect.

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's just right. I'm sure some little person will love him. Love, Aunt Susan

8:00 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

very cute (and he does look like a cat, but there's nothing wrong with that)

9:40 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Cute! What a great idea. I know the police will appreciate it. My brother takes a giant bag of dum dums around for things like that.

10:20 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

He's still cute. Probably about the same size as my "Teddy" that I had when I was a kid!

11:25 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Yeah, but he stands up on his own! My teddy bears never did that! ;)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

He does look like a cat/bear hybrid I think. He's super cute though and I'm sure any kiddo who needs some comfort will love him.

hahahaha @ po-po

5:40 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

On behalf of the Lansing fuzz, we thank you! I think he is adorable! Thanks!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Cute! I especially like the face (I have such trouble with faces in 3D).

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home