Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I've Been a Bad Girl

I took a crack at someone behind their back and it's going to bite me in the crack.

Long story short:

Oiley* salad dressing + falling down + bad joke = not a good time.

Someone at work may have fallen on her back (allegedly--no one saw it happen) after slipping on an alleged (again, no one saw the spill) spilled saladd* dressing.

Later, when the person who spilled the dressing emailed me and Big Boss the ingredients of the saladd dressing to prove that there were no oily ingredients like alleged, I might have written back some catty remark about being surprised that the alleged victim wasn't still in the kitchen stuck to the floor by the corn syrup and xyyanth* gum.

I know the alleged victim reads the emails of the spiller of the dressing (victim works for spiller, so access to spiller's email is standard protocol, reading spiller's personal email is not standard protocol but that doesn't stop alleged victim).

And now I know tomorrow when alleged victim comes back to work tomorrow and more than likely reads the spiller's email, I'm going to get it.

I know, I know. Catty. Bad me.

I've heard both sides of the story and the whole thing is ridiculous. Both sides are blowing it out of proportion.

I can also say that unless I was in a coma or broke a hip due to the fall, despite any injuries I received slipping on the dressing, I would be laughing at myself.

But here I am feeling guilty for making the sticky-comment.

At least I know at one time I was a nice little girl.

100_8402

Congrats on making it this far into my post!

This post is also in response to Kristi's blog-anniversary post.

Hee hee! What can I say? Her shag carpet and floral couch brought me back. And now I can't help but wonder, when did the ugly floral couch really go out of style?

Shag carpet and floral couch not to be outdone--enter the dark wood paneling!

100_8404

Yuck!

But man, I wonder if I cut my hair that short would it curl like that? What a great head of hair I had! Chunky totally got that from me. Moochie I'm afraid got his Daddy's thin-fine hair.

*I'm misspelling these words for a reason.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

You were a cute little girl! Funny what people considered stylish back in the 70's (the carpet and furniture and wood paneling)! Maybe the salad-dressing spill "victim" is trying to hold out for some workers' comp or something.

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And look you were cooking/baking on that flowered couch!
Well...just as long as you know you are going to get it tomorrow you can prepare yourself. Love, Mom

11:10 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

where can I get me a pair of those adorable red shoes?

You were adorable!

7:43 AM  
Blogger kristi said...

LOVE IT! You were baking cookies even back when - it was fate! In regards to the hair thing - I always have had a shizzle of hair and every week my mom would sit me down to comb out the rat nests that grew under the mounds of hair - with a freaking wire comb! That shot I have is the ONLY shot of my sis with long hair - she has always had it short and I think it was her rebellion against that wire comb. My kids are lucky too to have my hair as their father is a baldy although both sons informed papa the other day that we could go buy him some new hair at Meijers and mama probably has a coupon!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So cute!!!!
Gotta love the wood paneling, especially if you work in my building!

8:37 AM  
Blogger Cindy in Happy Valley said...

You are one Ms Smarty Boots (re: misspelled words)

9:32 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

i kind of like that couch. yes, i know it's wrong.

9:34 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Good luck on the workplace stuff. I call shenanigans! (the whiner/email reader, not you)

12:20 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Um, holy crap, my mom had a chair in that exact fabric AND that gold shag carpeting (cue twilight zone music)...

This is the very reason it's a good thing I work for myself - I'm just such a sh!t disturber. I think you've got enough good karma stored to avoid the arrows on this one, though.

2:10 PM  
Blogger LBorealis said...

Eh, stick happens. It'll all be history soon.

Dude, I remember that Fisher Price cooking set. You turned the knob and the burner "warmed up" by some manipulation of a piece of red cardstock or something like that...

My neighbors had a similar chair to yours. Ours was a velour orange, that had a brick pattern. Years later, my mother had it reupholstered because it was ugly. Now it's an atrocious 1980s blue. I'd much rather have the orange.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I hate it when I blab off. Today I got a call from a person I would rather never hear from again about a matter of some money he still owes me, but wishes I would just "forgive" (um, yeah, I'm not really that nice).

Anyway, I quite loudly and profanely disagreed with him about how to handle the matter, and he hung up on me. It may come back to bite me, but oh well.

Bad girls unite! eh?

2:40 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Uh... at least you survived e-filing?

3:04 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Totally cute toddler pics!

Is there anyway you can ask Big Boss to delete the email before she can see it? It wasn't a terrible comment though...just funny! I've said much much worse.

I hate sticking my foot in my mouth, but I do it all the time. Luckily, my boss is pretty cool and usually has even more colorful things to say.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

It's so much easier to be catty out loud than via the written word, simply because the sound will die down and people will even mis-remember or not be sure if you really said what they thought they heard...email is so much more permanent that way...

But hey, knowing is half the battle (G.I.Joooooee), so yeah, like your mom said, at least you know it might be coming back to snap at you.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You were an adorable little kid! Funny how different people react to silly stuff at work.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Good Luck tomorrow. I'll stand with you in spirit. I've had my share of ill timed comments.....

5:19 PM  
Anonymous agirl said...

My MIL has a couch and loveseat in that same floral print sitting in her living room. Her house could be used to authentically furnish That 70's show.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home