Friday, January 29, 2010

The Lovely Garden State

I gotta say, I've never lived in such a colorful place as New Jersey.

I got up to go to bed last night. As I was turning off the TV something caught my eye.

100_8408

It's a crappy picture (oh someday I'll have a camera that takes decent pictures in the dark!) but you'll see that's 5 patrol cars with their party lights flashing parked in front of the boobie bar.

What you can't see is the Chief's SUV parked out of the picture.

You also won't see the ambulance that drove up after I took the picture.

I'm not really sure what happened. By the time I realized it was going on (they didn't use their sigh-reens* getting to the boobie bar) they were putting one guy into the back of a cruiser, bandaging up some guy in the back of the ambulance (in the dark you can see in the ambulance's side windows...gotta be a HIPAA violation somehow), and talking a guy/kid in a high school letterman's jacket.

Three strippers left at about 10:45 p.m. which seemed a little early.

But it also appeared that the bar remained open throughout the whole ordeal because there were still dudes going in and out and coming outside to smoke.

My guess is there was a bar fight.

But six cop cars seems like quite a lot for a bar fight.

Maybe it was a slow night.

Sometimes I enjoy the cheap entertainment living so close to this bar. But then the roof starts to leak again and I could live without it.

And before I go--a quick update on the foot-in-mouth situation at work. Well, she never read my email and instead asked to be transferred to a different attorney. Whew!

But you know how misspellings are a massive pet peeve of mine and I bitch about them all the time?? Well I caught a BIG one this morning on a letter going out. Only to add an extra letter to the name of one of my attorneys on a different letter later in the afternoon. That letter DID go out.

Or at least I'm pretty sure I added an extra letter. It popped into my head that I did it on my drive home tonight and now it's going to drive me crazy all weekend.

What the hell???

It's my bitchy-karma coming to bite me in the ass!!!


*The official Chatty Cathy way to say "sirens." In a future post I'll discuss the proper way to pronounce "croutons."

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Is it sad that I can't wait for your pronunciation?? LOL

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure it was just a barroom fight and not a mob thing? Five cop cars with party hats going seems excessive.
Sorry about the roof. That landlord of yours should replace the whole thing.
Love, Mom

11:27 PM  
Blogger kristi said...

Let me guess Krowtons? Just a thought - patrols doing their patrol thing hear there assistance needed at a BOOBY BAR! No surprise here that that many po's showed up!

5:39 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Ahhh, a good old bar fight. I used to bartend and found myself calling the cops more times than I can remember.

7:43 AM  
Anonymous NikBudnik said...

I think your mom saying party hats instead of party lights was a Freudian slip....anyway, cool! That is like seeing COPS live!!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

You lucked out in the end. Glad she didn't read the email....

We once had the SWAT team at the end of our street. (I for one didn't know we had a SWAT team) There was a hostage situation. Here, in sleepy old Somerdale!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Water does have a way of running down walls (and ruining hangings). Zorba really, really, REALLY needs to fix the roof.

I'm glad the work situation resolved itself without further incident.

A bar fight. I guess everyone's on edge these days.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Is Chatty Cathy from the south? *grin*

So glad that nothing horrible happened to put you guys in danger ... and that your foot-in-mouth situation turned out okay.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Hmmm, I wonder if that's why they don't allow alcohol at the stripping um, place I walk past every morning on my way to work...it does cut down on the police visits...not that we are lacking for sirens being just a couple blocks from the police station. (I am very centrally located, you see).

A friend in San Diego had a waterfall coming down on the brickwork/chimney of her rented home...but the excuse down there is that it just doesn't rain. Any chance you can get a break on the rent due to all these inconveniences? Just a thought.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wonder what happened at the boobie bar?

LOL about the "sign-reens"! It always amuses me that my brother in law who grew up in Tennessee, but has been in Ohio for over 30 years now, still has a Southern accent. Then again, I suppose if I went down south, or even to NJ or NYC or Boston, I'd probably sound like I have an accent, too.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Maybe it was a brawl, not just two dudes fighting? Full-on bar-room brawl, like you see in westerns. Yeah. With strippers. Now that's awesome... you know, like the saloon girl who whacks one of the bad cowboy types in the head with a whiskey bottle.
That would explain the extra cops.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Free entertainment at the boobie bar I guess. Keeps life interesting.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home