Friday, January 01, 2010

Snoozefest

Springs is curled up under the covers in my bed sound asleep.

Moochie is napping in his crib.

Squeaky is curled up in front of a bookcase snoozing.

Chunky is snoring on the couch.

Guess we all had a late night last night!

100_8296

While Dr. Mad Scientist was (and still is...although he did come home to sleep for a bit) at his all-night meeting, Chunky and I planted on the couch for an Office marathon on DVD.

We ate popcorn and drank hot chocolate and toasted the new year with sparkling cider.

100_8297

Today, we took down all the Christmas decorations and undecorated the tree.

One thing about buying a cut-your-own-tree: they come with free spiders! The star on top of the tree was looking pretty Halloween-y when I took it down--covered with cobwebs and a couple of dead spiders!

I haven't made any new year's resolutions, except for one.

Everyone's favorite blog mom gave us a really cute quilted Christmas wall hanging that, although it only hung up there for one week, looked amazing on the wall behind our computer.

Now that wall is really bare.

Therefore, I am resolved to get this old WIP done this year:

100_7170

Kinda frat-boy-man-cavey decor, and eventually when we have a house and Dr. Mad Scientist can have his man cave this is where it will go, but I think it will fit that bare wall just great.

Now, if you'll excuse me, three of my bosses gifted me some moolah for Xmas and I'm eyeing fiber clubs...do I dare? I should probably spread out the splurging throughout the year, but it's fun to surf!

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Ellie said...

Why is Bloglinese being a pain, throwing me three posts at once?

Those cookies from the last couple of posts look GOOD.... and I was grumbling about baking but wanting something different... now if I can get my hands on some sesame seeds?!?

(and, keen to see what you come up with for fiber clubs... I'm looking forward to spinning, and thinking I might need to join some sort of fleecy club myself)

Happy New Year to you & the crew :-)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did Chunky make it to midnight? Did you have to pay him a dollar? If Grandma was down there she would have to pay...went to bed around 10pm. Glad that the Christmas quilt was a fit on your wall. You can also put it on a table. Love, Mom

5:29 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Happy New Year!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

We stayed in last night too. We curled up on the couch and watched the old George Burns movie "Oh God" then watched the New Years Rockin Eve show until midnight. Pi made it but slept until noon today!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Glad you had a great, relaxing New Year. I thought of you today...I made cookies!!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Check out the art walk sock yarn club. it's month to month so no big investment and her stuff is fantastic (artwalksockyarnclub.blogspot.com). And no, I'm not related to Roxanne, I'm just a fan (in the interest of disclosure).

9:24 PM  
Blogger Coco, not as in Chanel :) said...

I am glad some of your bosses gave you some Christmas cheer! Good for them.

Happy New Year Bezzie Family! May 2010 be great for you all!

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Sounds good to me- sleeping in that is...
Happy New Year!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Nothing wrong with a lazy day on the couch! It's still snowing out here, so I may do the same today.

7:07 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

It looks like Chunky made to midnight! Is he a dollar richer, now?

12:05 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

CMF just started a fiber club and you can pay monthly. it's $15 for 4oz, which is definitely one of the best prices i've seen and there's a variety of fibers.

http://crownmountainfarms.com/clubs/index.php/fiberclub

11:11 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

If the moolah can cover a year's subscription to a fiber club, it sounds like a great way to spread out the gift throughout the year!

12:45 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

If you're still fiber club shopping, I can highly recommend Zen Yarn Garden's clubs. Nothing is longer than quarterly, I think they all have monthly payment options and Roxanne is a fantastic dyer who is really involved with her clients.

Somehow, your blog posts only pop up on my bloglines in spurts. Nothing for days, then three all at once! Grrr ...

8:22 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Happy New Year! Those are extra-classy sparkling cider flutes.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home