Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Best Things Come To Those Who Wait...

...and possibly bitch about getting jacked out of snow earlier in the week.

So we didn't get the three feet like the southerners did.

But as of 7:00 p.m. tonight we had 9 inches, and now at 9:00 p.m.--it's still coming down.

100_8516
This was taken at 4:30 p.m.--8 inches. (That's what she said!)

I'll take it.

Newark cancelled schools Tuesday afternoon (shocking actually) before the snow even started.

At 11:30 p.m. Chunky's school robo-called to say school was cancelled (shocking again because it wasn't a 3:00 a.m. call like it normally is).

At 5:15 a.m. Moochie's daycare called to say they were closed.

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. to call into work to see if we were closed--we were.

So we got a snow day.

Mr. Mooch watched the flakes from the warmth of standing on the coffee table we have put in front of the radiator to keep him from burning himself (which is located conveniently underneath the living room window):

100_8495

100_8506

100_8508

Me and Chunky had the pleasure of shoveling the driveway twice today.

100_8517

That's Chunky standing on the pilings of the driveway. In the summertime, we have to either climb the tree, or haul out a chair and stretch to pick the apples off those branches.

100_8518

Oh yeah. Can you see the glee on my face? I actually had to take off my Jovie Knock Off Hat half way through shovelling the second time because it was too warm! And boy does that hat rock! God save the water repelling nature of wool!

Ok, so it wasn't as much snow as the Southern Mid-Atlantic, but it was still enough to shut down everyone's favorite blog boobie bar and liquor store!

100_8522
You can tell when they're not open because there's only one neon-beer sign lit.

And yeah, we didn't have to shovel 36" of snow like the Southerners...but what's worse than shoveling a driveway?

100_8519

That would be shoveling a three-car wide driveway!

But props to my sidekick Chunky who kicks ass at shovelling (after I explained that you can't pile the snow behind the cars...). Of course it also helps that I offered him $5 for every time we shovelled, and he earned $10 today and will probably shovel again tomorrow.

100_8524

As he and Dr. Mad Scientist had their schools cancelled for Thursday as well.

Lucky ducks. Snow plus President's Day Weekend equals a six-day weekend for those chumps.

I get an hour extra to show up to work. Yay.

Stay tuned: Tomorrow, less snow talk (kinda) and details on the mysterious phone call I alluded to in an earlier post!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

hehehe..um..er..sorry..I was wondering if the white stuff would finally make an appearance in your neck of the woods! ;)

8:49 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

One town directly west of us got 16 inches and one town directly east got 12. So I'm going to assume we're in the middle 14 right about now and its still coming down.

Stan shoveled twice. I watched from the window and offered coffee at regular intervals. I don't do snow, haha!

That pic of Chunky under the branches is seriously awesome!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

Snow on the 10th? You heard it here first!!

10:14 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

You must have been in heaven today!! Love the snow pics!

a 6-day weekend...lucky ducks!!I'll keep my fingers crossed it snows overnight and no work for you either!

1:37 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Well, considering, for me, you are a southerner, I have to admit that I'm wicked jealous of all of your snow. A couple of years ago we had a good season - over 100 inches. This year ... nada.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look like you are in Seventh Heaven! Chunky looks like he had fun also! Enjoy the snow! Love, Mom

8:20 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

I read that as 'zombie bar and liquor store.' Clearly I am suffering from cabin fever.

9:45 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

My local school district has now missed five straight days. And my driveway got plowed in by the township last night. Gotta go take care of that.

Enjoy your snow!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Discoknits said...

You all look SO happy! Congrats on the snow. It is north and even south of us today, but not here boohoo!
:0)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Excellent smile with authentic cheek roses!

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home