Saturday, February 06, 2010

Call the National Guard!

I woke up to a winter wonderland.

Untitled-1 1.psd

That's right people. See the accumulation totals for Newark there?

0.2"

Send help.

I'm running low on milk.

I'm avoiding the web today. Between Facebook's new changes pissing me off*, I really don't want to read about all the snow that we got absolutely none of.



*Seriously, why fix what isn't broken? I have to read ALL updates now if I want to read them in chronological order (I really don't care that you friended your fifth grade arch nemisis or that you became a Fan of the Charmin Toilet Paper Butt Wipers Society), I get loads of white space at the end of my news feed (two screenfulls), I will get a groundhog-day-like loop of updates (wait, didn't I just read that you became a fan of the Charmin Toilet Paper Butt Wipers Society?), and after one click of "older posts" it will tell me: "No older posts are available right now."

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Rebel said...

Honey, .2 inch of snow would bring Portland to it's knees. Enjoy what you get. I still believe in my Feb. 10 snowstorm theory.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

We got a lot less than predicted. Last night the news was crying 7-10 inches. I think we got maybe 3 or 4. Enough to shovel but not enough to cry over.

I haven't logged into Facebook since earlier in the week. Didn't even know they made changes.

1:35 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

On the left side, you see a list of your different groups (if you've created them) as well as an option for "Status Updates". Click on that instead of using the news feed or the live feed. It weeds out all the stupid game crap and just shows you what people typed for their status updates. Much better that way!

2:12 PM  
Blogger janna said...

It's sunny here today and I'm thrilled! And I don't have the new FB yet, although it showed up for my sister this morning. You think they're going family by family?

2:47 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

As I am shoveling out my car tomorrow, I will gladly send you some of the 2 feet of snow dumped here today! I like snow and look forward to it every winter and then the reality of having to get on with my life (we're in a state of emergency down here!) around all the snow hits.

There's a reason I avoid facebook.

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I KNOW where your snow is!!! It is up here!!! Woke up this morning and there it was about 6 inches, and the wind was blowing!!!
We had to go into Anchorage to day cause it was a shopping day. Yeah, we were out of oatmeal, pineapples, and other stuff. Hopefully we won't have to go for two months now.
As for FB....everytime I sign in it is different...."Pick a page and stick with it!!"

Love, Mom

10:28 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Facebook is teh stoopid. and people freaking over snow? are also teh stoopid

10:14 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

That would be a blizzard in Louisiana. Roads would get closed and everything.

Facebook has pissed me off all weekend, and now that I know you are on there, everyone is going to see you friend me.....after I join that Charmin Butt Wipers group

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Wow, this is the third time today I'm gonna say this...to three different people even! Checkin FB on a weekend just after they've "upgraded" is to be avoided. Just not worth the bother until they get al the kinks out...and/or too many people doing too many things to make the site be annoyingly slow.

It's the same reason I won't go onto the neopets site before 10PM EST...too likely to be crammed with kids and I will not be able to get my "Freaky Factor" fix :).

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home