Monday, February 15, 2010

Love!

I am in love with this sweater!

100_8538

Ok, I will come clean right now, I am modifying this sweater heavily. But I'm cruising through it quickly.

Of course it helps that it was a three-day weekend here and I couldn't get on the computer because a pair of boys hogged it all weekend.

Regardless, if I can keep up this pace I should be done with the sweater by mid-week. Blocking should take a day and finishing--if what I have in mind works--should take another few days.

We've been digging watching the Olympics. I love them so much more than the summer Olympics.

After watching the men's biathlon slush-a-thon, I'm still scratching my head over why the COA decided to offer up Vancouver for the winter Olympics. I guess Calgary and Quebec City were too cold and snowy?

Speaking of cold and snowy, I will leave you with the 22 cent snowman.

100_8532

Ha ha! Chunky couldn't find anything else to use for eyeballs and a face. Apparently he's sad because that's the only way he could get the mouth to stick.

Don't worry, now that it's warmed up, the 22 cents has been properly retrieved!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

I'm not sure why they gave the Olympics there. As one newscaster pointed out, this is the NORMAL tmperature for the region. they would have been better to do them wHere I live, we haven't been bove 0 in months. Not much snow, but if it's cold, they can make that.

And wow that is a fast knit! I take MONTHS to knit sweaers. sometimes years

8:25 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Awesome snowman! I haven't even watched the Olypmics this year. I suck!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Poops said...

Why don't they have the Olympics in Alaska?

8:52 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

That is the most awesome snowman ever!

Usually vancouver is a lot snowier... especially whistler... it's just the funky weather pattern this year... I mean, they had 3 inches of snow in Nashville this year... it's el nino or something.

10:18 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

All the stuff in Vancouver itself is indoors, and as someone else said, Whistler is what's really getting killed by the abnormal weather.

Two boys kept you off the computer? Moochie can type? Oh, wait ... ;-)

11:13 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yeah, hubby was wondering the same thing! Tonite was awesome with the snowboard cross and pairs skating... I like the color you chose for your sweater :)

11:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yay for quick sweaterage. Love the color...I'm in a green phase right now. Hoping to get as much knitting done tomorrow as you.

1:14 AM  
OpenID pyewacketsid said...

Aww, why so glum, Mr. Snowman?

That sweater looks delicious. Is the yarn as soft as it looks?

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Snowman! Twenty-two cents and no place to go!

Nice color for your sweater.

Love, Mom

8:16 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Love the 22-cent snowman! Although I'm a little afraid to inquire into the details of getting the mouth to stick.

That's a pretty green. What yarn are you using (or did you already say and I was inattentive)?

8:21 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

to be fair, they already did calgary. and maybe they just want to show off their mad helicopter skillz by lifting in all that snow?

can't wait to see the (modified) sweater.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

love that green! Cute little snowman too :-)

6:25 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

No one in my family wanted to build a snowman. I was going to pay some little kid to come and do it.......

We finally saw a snowman on the way home from work. He had a gread snow hat. And he was huge.

I love your green. What's the yarn?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Yeah So said...

Yeah, this is the slushiest winter olympics ever, we were just saying the same thing. And I love the 22 cent snowman - we used baby carrots for everything - where does one get coal pieces in suburbia?

9:30 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

The 22 cent snowman. Now that's a great title!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home