Friday, February 05, 2010

Milk, Bread, Eggs

I'll bet the National Weather Service and the dairy farmers, egg farms, bread bakeries and grocery store chains have a deal that every X months they take a storm that looks like it's going to dump lots of snow and HYPE IT TO THE MAX!

Even if there's a 1% chance you'll get snow from that storm (which admittedly, will hit some people hard), the weather forecasters will act like THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!

And then...

Pffftt.

Nothing.

What should I learn from this?

I should learn not to get my hopes up, but I do. I love winter. It's not like there's anything fun and exciting about impending heat waves in the summer.

Oh boy! I get to sweat in places I didn't know exist for seven days straight and pay a ton of money to keep this stupid air conditioner working! Yessss!

Ah well, at least it won't be a fustercluck getting to the laundromat tomorrow.

Although I did have visions of loading the laundry on the sled and dragging it into town.

And no matter what the snow-situation, it will be cold enough for wool socks.

100_8442

I'll be darning up these babies this weekend. I haven't worn them in like a year because of the heel holes.

It'll be like getting a new pair of socks!

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

Yea, I don't get the whole run out to the store because it might be whole hours until we can buy food again. I just feel lucky this isn't a grocery shopping week for me. We are getting a bunch of snow. Personally, I love it (but I don't say that too loudly anymore; people don't like snow)

8:22 PM  
Blogger dmcL said...

I wonder if that happens up here. I've never noticed, but then, I never run out to the store right before a storm, so maybe I just don't see it happening.

And I both love and hate when I finally mend something after a long while of not wearing it. Because as much as it's like getting a new , I'm always keenly aware that I could have been wearing it the whole time if I wasn't so lazy. And I am: lazy. :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

people do the same thing here. In Louisiana. Yep, we are going to get all snowed in. Riiiiggghhht. LOL!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I keep hearing different forecasts. One station said 3-6, another said 7-10. Meh, I plan on staying in tomorrow, so its all good. The only time I panick for milk is when the coffee is brewing.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

It really is a strange phenomenon. I loved working at the grocery store those days (when I wasn't a cashier) because the aisle would be denuded of any and all bread, milk and believe it or not - bottled water. strange.

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I guess the food stuff that you have in your pantry and frig are not good enough to eat during a storm. Plus the juice will go out so it is another reason to eat up and pig out! Up here we are hearing that you all are going to get 3 to 6 inches an hour!!! Roofs are going to be collapsing and people are going to be crushed!

You will have to keep us informed as to how much or how little of that snow comes your way.

Love, Mom

10:47 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

I went to the food store picked up a few things (not bread, eggs, or milk) and a good book to read. Woke up this morning to nothing. Oh well, maybe snow will come during the weekday. Where is the snow this year>

12:27 PM  
Anonymous sarah said...

I love those stripes!
You should see how it is every 10 years when it snows here :-)

1:39 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yeah, I get tired of the end of world statements when snow is coming. If I lived in Florida, yeah, they aren't set up for it, but otherwise, get a grip folks! I also have hubby socks tha tneed darning... hmmm....nah...

10:20 AM  
Blogger lisa said...

we call that a 'french toast warning': milk, bread & eggs. even if it snows, breakfast is still the most important meal of the day.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home