Friday, February 26, 2010

Yawn!

I don't mind the snow.

I do mind offices that aren't prompt with announcing closures/late delays. I got about half way through shovelling my car out when I got word that the office was closed today.

Hooray.

Now I get to work late on Monday.

Which means I get to pick up the boys from school, drive BACK to Newark, entertain them for a half hour at the office, and then give them to Dr. Mad Scientist to bring home (he has class in Newark Monday nights).

Sigh.

But after pushing these weekend-ruining thoughts aside, I did finish up something.

100_8568

No, I'm not knocked up.

But I'm planning--no, not for me.

Right now I'm riding a wedding wave. I can count six upcoming weddings in the next year and a half by people I know. (Did I mention my Younger Sister T. got engaged a couple of weeks ago? This is in addition to my Youngest Younger Sister getting engaged in late January. So 1/3rd of those weddings will be ones we'll be attending!)

And you know how the rhyme goes.

First comes love, then come marriage, then comes the baby carriage.

When I got a free ball of Caron Spa yarn in the mail from the Caron Yarn in "sunshine yellow" it was screaming "baby sweater!"

And that's what it became.

I've got the urge to do another one in a pink and black yarn I have lying around in the stash. I might top it off with a blue version too.

Cover all my baby-gifting bases!

ETA: The pattern is the ubiquitous Baby Tulip Sweater. Nothing fancy.

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

OpenID bonne_amie said...

lovely sweater! what's the pattern?

8:28 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I just love that pattern..hehe I have it, must finally knit it huh ;) Geesh, that kinda stinks for your Monday though :(

10:11 PM  
Blogger T. Budnik said...

Hold up! Hold up! You're freaking me out!

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

It's precious! Planning ahead? What's that exactly?

6:52 AM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Cute baby sweater! I wish I had planned ahead. By my count, I know 6 people having babies this year. I've finished the gift for the first who is due in 2 weeks and need to start on the rest.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Very cute sweater! You're a fast knitter! I'm impressed that it only took one ball of yarn too. My youngest sister got married in 2008, but she and her husband aren't having any kids. I wish they were though, so I'd have an excuse to make some baby things, ha, ha!

11:22 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

Lovely sweater, but can we trust you...you do have a history ;-)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Maryannlucy....You have a history! Come on now out with it! Cute sweater though! Your FREAKING T out! LOL!!! Love, Mom

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOOOPS! That is You're FREAKING T out! Love again, Mom

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Cute sweater! and nice use of unexpected day off. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you work in a place that closes due to weather. My boss (pediatrician)says, "When they stop having sick kids due to snow, we'll close the office."

7:42 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

My office NEVER closes. So I gues I don't have to wait for a late closing announcement. Aaaaanyways, nice sweater. Planning ahead is a good thing!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Cracking me up, but you are sooo right!!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Beautiful!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

So cute

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home