Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Guess What?

Chicken butt!

No, seriously.

I still knit!

On the needles now that I'm done with the CSU quilt--which looks smashing above our new Target-clearance particleboard computer desk--

100_8763
This is the closest Dr. Mad Scientist will get to a Man Cave till we buy a house--a small corner of the living room.

I'm knitting Summit from the latest Knitty.

100_8762

Ok, yes, I realize this is a crappy picture. But I hate laying out my WIPs. WIPs look ugly before they're done and blocked, what's the use trying to make 'em look good before they're done?

I do love this bookshelf-come-end table-come knitting/spinning cubby. It's on my end of the couch with my spinning wheel next to it.

I'm really digging Summit. It's fun to unravel the stitches and it's growing pretty fast. The pattern is easy to remember/figure out and yet still interesting enough not to be a snoozer.

Seriously, I fell asleep in the car this afternoon knitting a pair of socks at lunch!

Labels:

12 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Re: the Man Cave ... if it makes Dr. Mad Scientist feel any better, we have a house, but Deus Ex Machina still doesn't have a "Man Cave." He has a corner in the dining room ;).

8:06 AM  
Blogger Samantha said...

I love Summit. Its on my queue and I have an order of Wandering Cat Yarn coming soon to knit it up. :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

So, did you wake up in time to go back to work?

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It must be in the air! I over slpet this morning!

Your father has turned your brother's room into a man cave of sorts. with my tomato plants.

The link was broken when I went to see what you are knitting. Have fun this weekend! Love, Mom

8:40 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

that looks like a ginormous ball of yarn. is it really that big or is it just an optical trick of the cubby?

9:16 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Excellent man cavelet and crafty corner! Does Dr. Mad Scientist crave the full cave? Incredible to relate, some guys find the full cave a bit isolating and prefer a cavelet, though it takes high-order ESP to find this out.

Catch up on your rest and have a well-deserved celebration on May Day.

10:16 AM  
Blogger maryannlucy said...

I am SO out of the loop, I don't even know what Summit is!! Shocking, I know. I am looking forward to seeing your finished piece so I can what I should add to the queue.

3:10 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

hee I love the man corner has an Interweave Knits right next to it.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I saw Summit in the new Knitty and drooled. Way beyond my skill level but gorgeous.

Hubby doesn't even have a man corner yet!

6:16 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Your link for Summit is kinda borked. Just FYI. Not my kinda thing, but I think it's a fabulous thing we're all so different. It would be awfully boring if we all had the same interests!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Summit is the holey purpose which I have sought lo these many years. I also like this:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/beach-tote-2

5:54 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

P.S. The quilt does look awesome. Good job on that.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home