Monday, May 10, 2010

Cookie of the Week

I haven't done cookie of the week on the blog in a while. We're finally getting into a nice routine now that we're settled down and I'm back into more a cookie routine.

This week, the cookie of the week is all Miss T's fault for mentioning these to me...

100_8822

Scotcheroos!

I've made these before, but apparently Dr. Mad Scientist has never eaten them (crazy, yes, I know).

I packed one in his lunch today.

At about 1:00 p.m. I get an email from him:

OMG! These rice krispie things...are....so....good!!!

So apparently in addition to being very tasty, Scotcheroos will make a grown man email like a 14 year old girl.

My normal recipe called for corn syrup, but I didn't have enough corn syrup.

Instead I just made a normal batch of rice krispy treats using the recipe you can find on any bag of marshmallows, but at the end I added oh I dunno, about a cup or so of creamy peanut butter that I had warmed up in the microwave so it was nice and runny and it mixed well with the melted marshmallows.

After they cooled in the pan, I just melted 1 cup of chocolate chips along with 1 and 2/3rds cups of butterscotch chips.

Spread that over the top of the rice krispy treats, let it cool, and ta-da, squeal inducing deliciousness!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger LBorealis said...

Nice. Thanks for the encouragement. Those look like an excellent choice for the weekly experimental-bribe-the-guitar-teacher treats.

9:27 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Those remind me of Bachman Bars, which I need to make one of these days. Soooo good! Recipe here:

http://hpwt.blogspot.com/2008/08/bachman-bars.html

11:12 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I need to remember to not read your cookie posts when I'm hungry. Now I have to make these....gah.... :D

12:59 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

You know, I don't think these would go bad if you were to mail some down to Delaware...

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!! One of our favorites here....they don't last here very long. Love, Aunt Susan

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blood sugar just went up 200 points! I only read the blog spot! Those sure sound and look delicious! Dang I hate having to watch my BS! Love, Mom

7:46 AM  
Blogger prairiegirl said...

Oh yum.

Thanks for that post. It's 11:00am, I finished eating my lunch half an hour ago and am stuck at work for another five hours. And now I want peanut-y rice krispie goodness. Sigh...

11:01 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Pretending I didn't see this, and that the necessary is not in the pantry.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've never heard of scotcheroos before, but they sure look tasty!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

I;ve never heard of those either. I live close... feed me some!! ;)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

I knew there was a risk of infecting you with the Scotcheroo bug simply by mentioning them. Very dangerous.

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home