Sunday, May 02, 2010

Exhausted!

Yesterday was Maryland Sheep & Wool.

I know how much it sucks to read wool-festival recaps when you don't get to be there.

So if you click away, I'll understand. Really, I will.

Still here?

Ok, so here's how the day went down.

Chris and I (sans Jen who had to stay home to tend to a recovery pooch--we missed you Jen!) boarded a bus sponsored by Down Cellar yarn store in Basking Ridge.

We were an hour late leaving because they decided to wait for a straggler.

Can you say whoever that chick was was the most hated woman on her bus (there were two)? Ha ha!

We left at 7:00 a.m. and parked at about 11:15 a.m.

Then we were off!

We saw alpacas...
100_8768
Ludwig!

We saw pygmy goats...
100_8769

We bought stuff..
100_8772
Chris at Brooks Farm.

We hooked up with people...
100_8771
Can you tell which one of these people did not grow up in Canada or Alaska? I'll give you a hint--she's not short, pink and sweaty like the other two and look postively amazing given the heat! That's Chris and I posing with Jo.

Sadly, I thought I had taken more pictures--but that's all I had on my camera when I got home!

After we had walked around trying to enjoy as much shade as we could, we at lunch, took one more loop around the grounds and headed back to the bus.

About 20 minutes into the ride back home, I think the heat finally got to me (the A/C in the bus was broke and it was just blowing air--which was better than the other bus that didn't even have that!!).

You know how you break out in a cold sweat and your mouth begins to water and you start to fantasize about if you blew chunks all over the floor with three hours left of the bus trip you'd probably bump out that chick who was an hour late for the bus out of the "Most Hated" spot?

That's where I was.

Chris was sweet and offered to trade seats with me so I could be near the warm air-blowing window.

Before I switched with her--I managed to dash to the back of the bus where the bathroom was and I promptly expelled the contents of my stomach.

Aside from the intense heat and lack of A/C on the bus, I had an awesome time!

If I go next year and the weather is that hot, you'll recognize me as the short pink-faced sweaty girl with the glow in the dark white legs who might be driving herself enjoying the extreme decadence of her air conditioned car.

Next up: The Loot!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Oh no, that sucks that you got sick!

The heat was bad yesterday and pretty nasty today too.

Wish I could have gone with you guys. Next year for sure!!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Figures last year they said it rained, this year, hot as heck. I bet she got the eyeballs from everyone for being late. Hope you had a good time meeting up with peeps though. Not a fun ride home either... :(

8:31 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

I'm so sorry you were sick! It was great to see you again!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger ~RaenWa~ said...

Sorry you got sick but glad you had a great time. I would love to go to MDSW one day go figure I didn't take up knitting until I moved from the East to the West coast lol.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

yeah, summer seems to have arrived rather suddenly here too

8:54 PM  
Blogger IrishgirlieKnits said...

Ugh to that bus ride and getting sick! But so glad you got to enjoy the festival!! Can't wait to see the loot!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

So sorry to hear that you got sick,,,and I know the heat all to well when I was there in 2007. It was great and I loved it,, but I think Rhinebeck wins, hands down,,, with the time of the year and the crisp autumn weather! I hope your going there this year!

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That story reads better than told! Sorry, about the heat. Glad it was you and not me! I probably would have gotten sick going and spoiled everyones day! Can't wait to see your loot! Love, Mom

11:37 PM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

d'oh! sorry you were sick. i hated the heat so much that i'm not sure i'll go back. i think i'm more of a Rhinebeck crisp fall weather kind of girl.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun, other than getting sick! Nothing worse than being on a crowded, hot bus with no air conditioning! Well, OK, being stuck on a crowded, hot bus with no air conditioning next someone who smells like they haven't bathed in weeks is worse (happens all too often on Cleveland RTA), ha, ha!

It was pretty hot here in Cleveland the last few days, but my husband doesn't want to drag out the window air conditioners yet. Luckily it's cooled down some today.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

oh no!! Poor Bezzie! It has been pretty hot here too (even for this chick raised in Louisiana)

Glad you had a good time minus the vomit.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

I think I would have wanted a refund on that bus trip. Sounds awful.

3:57 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

She was an HOUR late? Bus totally should've left. Now I'm wondering what the other most hated woman did!

Glad you had fun, despite the bus issues!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Glad you had a great time, except for the ride, especially the ride home. Hope you're nicely recovered. Who knew you have a delicate constitution when it comes to heat and humidity? Methinks you might benefit from sunscreen, a big floppy hat (or parasol), laving face, wrists, and ankles with cool water, and frequent ingestion of refreshing slushies.

11:52 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I'm very glad I got to meet you, though it was very brief. That really sucks that you got sick on the way home, but holy cow IT WAS HOT!!! I don't care where you grew up, there's no way around that fact.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I believe in hats. and shade. I believe in hats and shade. Incidentally, I had a very low vitamin D level and I have to take 4,000 i.u. a day. No connection.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home