Monday, June 28, 2010

Chocolate Sunday School Socks

This was a fun knit.

100_8952

Sunday School Socks!

But I knit them out of brown instead of white/light colors like 66% of the people who knit these on The Place That Shall Not Be Named.

100_8956

The details--

Pattern: Sunday School Socks by Kim Wagner; Creative Knitting, September 2009

Yarn: Collinette Jitterbug in some color I don't know because I didn't have the band.

Needles: US2

Notes: This was a quick easy knit. The only mod I did was that I did not knit the foot in reverse stockinette. I noticed that everyone else (at least from what I can tell from squinting at the pictures) knit theirs with the seam of the sock where you pick up the ankle to the lace showing.

I did a g-fab move where I started knitting the opposite direction when it was time to hit the part of the foot that would show. This created a hole, but it was easily fixable by picking up a stitch or two the next time I came 'round the ankle.

100_8959

Not too excited about the Jitterbug. I had heard stories that Jitterbug is notoriously short in yarn. They weren't kidding.

I only have size 7 feet and these are pretty much anklets. If I was a size 8 I probably couldn't have pulled these socks off.

100_8955

Maybe I'm just spoiled by cheaper sock yarn!

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Blogger Crafty Christina said...

They're super cute with the Mary Janes!

7:17 PM  
OpenID artfulstarfish said...

Adorable!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

The jitterbug socks I made myself wear really well. I try not to put them in the dryer, but it happens on occasion. They got fuzzier, but didn't continue getting fuzzier. They're awfully nice. Hope you have the same experience.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

very cute!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Those are so cute!

8:09 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Jitterbug has increased their yardage. So kudos to them for actually listening to the uproar and doing something about it. But that doesn't help if you have stashed Jitterbug. I used one of my stashed skeins to make socks for my tiny-footed SIL. Yours look awesome!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Yikes on the yarn amounts! I've heard that too, haven't knit any yet. So cool with your Mary Janes! :)

9:09 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I have no idea what all the sock knitting terminology means, but the socks are awesome! I love ankle socks and Mary Jane shoes! I have a bunch of super-bright solid neon and neon tie-dyed ankles socks that I like to wear with my black and white Mary Janes shoes in the summer and black dress pants to work in the summer (yes, I'm a dork!).

9:36 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

Very cute, even in brown.

I haven't worn fold-over anklets since catholic school...haven't really worn white socks since then either...hmmmm, I think there is a connection there :).

1:22 AM  
Blogger Erin said...

Very cute socks!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! Darn I missed a post! Those are some REALLY cute socks! And your Mary Janes.....I want a pair! Dang! Why did you girls have to have bigger feet than me!!
Love, Mom

7:42 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Cute socks - but I love those shoes!

9:11 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

nice to know about the jitterbug. i still haven't tried it yet. i love the ruffly-ness. they're adorable.

9:19 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Cute pairing with the Mary Janes! I might be too much of a sinner to knit those. ;)

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Those are so darn cute!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

I love them in brown!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Rocky Moreno said...

those are too cute, love the brown color too!

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home