Tuesday, June 01, 2010

If Only Every Weekend Were 3 Days

Imagine how much MORE I could get done!

I cast on a new pair of car socks.

I finished baking my Fall Knitcircus cookies.

And I finished sewing a blouse.

100_8888

The details--

Pattern: JJ Blouse from Burdastyle.

Fabric: A purple cotton/poly poplin

Notes: As you can see, I modified the crap outta this pattern. I didn't do the ruffles and I didn't do the sleeves as the pattern called for.

But dude, I modified the pattern! You know how it is when you're a knitter and you modify a pattern for the first time because you're confident you can do it and it will work, and it works and you feel like the schiznit? Same thing here except sewing.

My modifications worked!

Oh and I didn't do buttons. I did snaps! Very cool! I bought a cheap snapsetter from Joann's online (not to be confused with those crappy ass snap pliers that apparently suck) and used some purple pearl snaps I bought off of Etsy.

The only thing I wish I had modified was the collar.

100_8885
Trying not to laugh!

It's a little too stand-up for me.

But that's OK.

I liked this pattern a lot and could see myself making it again. Except with a modified collar.

And a better finished-product-photo shoot with less little man to worry about getting in the shot.


100_8883
100_8884

Labels:

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That turned out GREAT!
Better not let your youngest sister see it....she loves Purple!
That accessory on your hip in the last two pics just completes the outfit! Love, Mom

7:23 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Really cute! I'm not usually one for blouses (I only have one in my entire wardrobe - I'm more of a dressy t-shirts type), but I really like that one! I like your modifications much better than the original pattern too - those ruffles looked kind of goofy.

And I agree with your mom - a cute baby goes with any outfit!

9:55 AM  
Blogger knottygnome said...

awesome! i have that pattern on my list to make. i did a burdastyle pattern over the weekend and i really like the way their patterns are drafted.

i love that you used snaps. i hate making buttonholes, so snaps sound like a much better way to go.

10:17 AM  
Blogger prairiegirl said...

Love the top! And the snaps are awesome!!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Ellie said...

Inspiration galore... now I need to bake more cookies and sew a blouse... but must get blouse pattern first.

I like the collar muchly, but then I like sticky-up collars. And a wrist-Chunky just dresses up any outfit.

12:22 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Snaps! Why didn't I think of that?! Next blouse is going to have snaps.

Yours is fantabulous. I might have to get that pattern.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Woollycraft Workshops said...

Brilliant. I so wish I could sew :-)

2:49 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Wow, the blouse turned out awesome and I really like the chinese collar. I like it better without the ruffles too!

6:55 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Well I like the collar on you! Great idea for the snaps too, looks great! Go you on modifying a sewing pattern too!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I really like the sleeves on that blouxe ... and the color is my favorite :).

Nice job!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Tactless Wonder said...

The ruffles are cute on the model, and they're kinda in (or were in...I don't follow fashion very well), but the blouse you made can be worn way past the latest fad, and that's the kind of stuff I like to make. As with knitting, it takes me WAY TOO LONG to make something...and I'd hate for it to be "so five minutes ago" after spending so much effort making it.

And yey for getting so much done! I um, may have spent my time off playing video games...maybe.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

You totally ROCK!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Wow, nice work!

4:04 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Awesome! That is very cute, and it looks great on you! It'll be a while before I'm ready to take on sleeves, so I'll just admire and enjoy from afar.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I'm sayin'! 'Tis beauteous and you did a good job setting in those sleeves just so.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

That's a great blouse! You knit, you sew, you bake? You're a veritable Super Domestic Goddess!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

Isn't that a cool feeling? I'm more comfortable modifying a sewing pattern (although with a knitted one you can just rip out a mistake, unlike fabric). The blouse looks great. Nice and cool for all this unseasonable warmth.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Nice blouse! You're really rocking those princess lines!

9:39 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

I am always extremely impressed by people who can do clothes sewing. Go, You!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home