Saturday, June 19, 2010

In Between

I'm in between knitting projects right now.

I hit a knitting stitch dictionary I got at Half Price Books in San Antonio while we were experiencing the Texass Debacle for a little inspiration.

I know I've blogged about the little note I found from I'm assuming the daughter of the book's former owner, but I'm publishing the entire note now because it makes me laugh and lately I've been obsessed with forgotten family ephemera--so many interesting or not so interesting stories!

4 Oct

Dear Mom & Dad,
Just received your note. As soon as Bob comes home from work I'll get the requested measurements off to you. Can't wait to see the finished products. I'm sure they'll be gorgeous as is everything you create.

Bobby's blue/red stripe sweater is just too much. He'll model it in the Xmas photo we plan to take tonight. Wish Bob & I had ours for it!

Hate to tell you this but Bobby thinks the horse is a cow! Most interesting connections. He's also doing very well with potty training. Insists on: "I'll go myself, you go away & close the door!"

Bob is confirming trip plans for Thanksgiving. We'll let you know times & dates soon.

No need to wait until Thanksgiving to see Bobby. You are very welcome here anytime.

Love,
RM

Measurements (arm in-seam)
Rita: 21 Chest: 36
Bob: 24 Chest: 40

If I had to render a guess on how old Little Bobby is based on the vintage of the ball bands of yarn I also found in the book, I'd say Little Bobby is maybe in his late 20s. Possibly around my age.

Regardless, Little Bobby's potty training story and love of his grandma's sweater will always live on thanks to the power of the internets! Ha ha!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Donna Lee said...

That is soo cool. What a great find. I wonder if Rita and Bob got their sweaters for Christmas?

6:11 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Wild!!!

6:22 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

What an awesome thing to find in the book. It's like a little peice of family history. I'm amazed at how formal the letter to Rita's parents is. I hope they got their sweaters for Christmas too!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so cool! But then again a little sad....I wonder if anyone out there might recognize themselves and say that is me, or my daughter wrote that letter!
Love, Mom

10:06 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree with Christina - funny how proper the letter is! Writing and speech have gotten so much more informal, with emails and text messaging. I can't even remember the last time I got an actual paper letter in the mail from a family member or friend (as opposed to an email, Facebook message, etc). Too bad the letter doesn't have a year on it. It would be interesting to know how old it is.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

That's cute. I love reading old postcards or random letters, getting that sneak peak into someone else's life.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

That's cute! A little added bonus to the book find for sure!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

heh. Too cute

10:48 AM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

That's excellent. What a note!

12:37 PM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Hey, I think I know that kid!

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home