Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jueberry Blam

When I used to commute into Anchorage with my Old Man for work, sometimes we'd stop at the Carrs (grocery store) in Muldoon (a neighborhood of North Anchorage) and buy a "bayberry blugel." Mmmm...those were good blugels. I know what these NYCers and even NJers say about their bagels beging the best, but I'd love a Muldoon Carrs bayberry blugel right about now.

Where am I going with this random memory of baked goods meets spoonerisms?

Because this weekend I had my own encounter with blueberries--apparently a high-production Jersey fruit.

Specifically I encountered five pints of blueberries.

100_8960

That I promptly gave a shiatsu massage in a freezer bag.

After that, I tossed them in a hot tub with a nice sugar scrub--four and a half cups of sugar to be exact.

100_8961

And then I turned up the heat on them and they cooked...

100_8963

...and cooked.

100_8965

After two hours I had 7 half-pints of jueberry blam--or maybe it's technically pruberry bleserves since there are bits o'blueberry in there.

100_8966

Whatever the hell it's called, it's freaking delicious!

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! are those boys of yours going to love their toast, waffles etc!!! How long do you think those jars will last? Love, Mom

7:46 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Wow Bezzie,

You're turning into a regular Martha Stewart! The jam looks yummy even though I don't normally like blueberries (I'm sure I'm probably the only person in the U.S. who doesn't like them)!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Ina said...

Looks tasty, whatever it's called.

11:40 AM  
Blogger prairiegirl said...

Mmmmm... homemade jam! Yum! :)

1:08 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

hmmmm. This looks like a good option for me because of my cursed strawberry allergy... damn allergies... yummy blueberries!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

YUM!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

They dook lelicious!!!

6:52 PM  
Blogger Donna Lee said...

They look wonderful. I love blueberries and they're just starting to appear in the stores. We eat a ton of them.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Crafty Christina said...

Ooh, I love blueberries! You make it look like making jam is almost do-able for me. Hmmmm, maybe I'll have to try!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Miss doing that with my mom and sis when I was little. Blueberry jam, blueberry scones, blueberry pancakes, blueberry pie,,,, the list goes on.

Yours sure looks yummy tho!

9:20 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Color me impressed. You'll be enjoying that for quite a while!

10:15 PM  
OpenID artfulstarfish said...

oooh yum. i just bought a package of that freezer jam stuff - trying to decide what summer fruit to use - Im thinking of waiting for august for the peaches here.

10:31 PM  
Blogger Miss T said...

Oh yum.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Don't you just LOVE summer time ... for all of the yummy jam making ;). We haven't gotten a hold of any blueberries, yet, but strawberry preserving is a weekly task ;).

8:59 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Blueberry jam is my best flavor. Maybe I'll sake mome. Good idea about brushing the crerries in a *ag birst.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home