Friday, August 20, 2010

Aloha!

Work has been crazy busy (6.5 hours of OT just this week) and my knitting has been secret gift knitting so there hasn't been much to blog about.

But, today is a special day.

It's Hawaiian Statehood Day!

Yeah OK, it's kind of a controversial holiday since Hawaii wasn't that keen on joining the USA.

But hey, it's fun to be part of a group instead of being a rouge piece of crap organization, I mean state, that leaves it's conference, I mean country, hanging. But I digress.

Hmm...although BYU does have a Hawaii campus...grrrr.

Anyway, it's a good a reason as any for cookies!

100_9330

Hawaiian Drops (stolen from the Great American Cookie Book)

3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teas. vanilla
2 eggs
1 teas. baking soda
1 teas. baking powder
2 cups oatmeal (quick or old fashioned)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup macadamia nuts (chopped)
1 cup coconut
1 3/4 cup mini M&Ms

Cream together the butter and sugar. Add your eggs and vanilla. Mix, mix, mix. Add the flour, oats, baking powder and soda, mix some more. Finally, mix in the coconut, nuts and M&Ms.

Bake at 350 degrees for 13 to 15 minutes.

Enjoy and a hui hou!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I think this "holiday" is a fabulous excuse for cookies!!!

5:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any time, any reason for COOKIES!!! Those look delicious! Did you take those flowers off your lamp? Love, Mom

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to try those cookies. They look yummy. Love, Aunt Susan

7:59 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, those may be the tastiest looking cookies you've made yet! I LOVE coconut. I wish I worked at your office, so I could partake in the many desserts you're always making!

8:55 AM  
Blogger janna said...

Those look yummy - although I think I would replace the m&m's with chocolate chips. I love m&m's, just not baked.....

4:41 PM  
Blogger DPUTiger said...

Working in athletics, I never considered BYU and BYU-H to have any connection. But I'm bizarre because my brain works in a sports-tilted manner. Hope your cookies were awesome!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Aloha! Admission Day has gotten so dang controversial that I never know what to do these days. Cookies make everything better.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home